I'm an hour and a half into my shift.

Oh man, on the way back from work I was exhausted driving down the freeway.  I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so I had all the windows rolled down and some Child Bite blaring on my speakers.  Suddenly, I found myself being jerked awake by the shriek of metal on metal as my car grazed the side rail.  The smell of burning rubber filled my car and I pulled off on what turned out to be my offramp.  Luckily, not a car was around me to witness this sleep-induced recklessness. The ensuing adrenaline rush kept me up for the next six hours.

The worst thing is that I just got some kickass new hubcaps and tires, so I was looking what the kids would say "fuckin' swaggeriffic".  Now I look like a guy who nods off while driving.

Goddamn this graveyard shift.

I'm an hour and a half into my shift.

Oh man, on the way back from work I was exhausted driving down the freeway. I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so I had all the windows rolled down and some Child Bite blaring on my speakers. Suddenly, I found myself being jerked awake by the shriek of metal on metal as my car grazed the side rail. The smell of burning rubber filled my car and I pulled off on what turned out to be my offramp. Luckily, not a car was around me to witness this sleep-induced recklessness. The ensuing adrenaline rush kept me up for the next six hours.

The worst thing is that I just got some kickass new hubcaps and tires, so I was looking what the kids would say "fuckin' swaggeriffic". Now I look like a guy who nods off while driving.

Goddamn this graveyard shift.

Close call... at least you woke up.

Close call... at least you woke up.

Yeah, it could have been so much worse.  I could have hit another car, hit a pedestrian/cyclist, or completely totalled my ride.  Right now it's just cosmetic damage (as far as I can see).  The passenger door's weather stripping doesn't quite connect, so I get that wind whistle as I drive and I don't think I'll be prepared for the coming rainy season.  I looked up how much the body work would be and they estimated $1200!  I'm honestly thinking about trading in my car for a new/used one.

That sounds scary. That is one of the main reasons I always refused to work 3rd shift at my old job. Thankfully you didn't hit someone or another car.

was this his mug?

I-M-TOO-OLD-FOR-THIS-SHIT-Bottles---Mugs

Good morning all. I need this mug in my life...it's better than my grandma looking flower mug I use daily, which I'm almost certain did have flowers in it originally...And after reading all the talk over Caspian yesterday but not wanting to be the guy who's ready to admit he's never heard them before, I'm listening to Tertia this morning and just loving it so much!

That sounds scary. That is one of the main reasons I always refused to work 3rd shift at my old job. Thankfully you didn't hit someone or another car.

Yeah, this schedule is killing me.  I've been really contemplating either quitting or at least switching over to PM shift, but the money is just so good (comparably).  But then again, it's cost me already $1200 in damages, so the differential doesn't rectify it...

I hope I never have to get used to waking up that early. I struggle with 830 now, and random 730 days.

I struggle to sleep past 530-6 most mornings, and have usually done a good amount before anyone else gets up. When you're older and hardly ever alone, you learn to enjoy your quiet time early in the morning...

Naps are your best friend :)

Oh god they really are. Saturday afternoon lazy naps are the best. The lady doesn't get it tho, because she can sleep later naturally on weekends. I have to explain to her that i'm literally up HOURS before her on Saturday, because I can't sleep past 6:30-7am. She says I'm an old man, when I nap, haha.

She says I'm an old man, when I nap, haha.

I get that too from the wife lol. If I avoid a nap during the day, it's almost assured I will be asleep no later than 10 and that is a big stretch. Waking up early just makes the day last for getting things done. I do all the house stuff as early as possible so I can have that relax time in the mid afternoon for a nap if I choose to take one. Nothing old about it, just time management, or so I try to get myself to believe lol

I do nap sometimes, but usually naps make me feel like shit for a few hours so I avoid them. Weekends I've been waking up around 10, so much different then the noon or later I'm used to for the majority of my life.

so much different then the noon or later I'm used to for the majority of my life.

I was like that for most of my youth really but when I got sick in my late 20s and had my pacemaker surgery, I was forced into a pattern of early waking for Dr visits and other such rubbish. So, at 28 I was ready to join the club of old guys at Hardee's every morning at 5am lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic