It is...my concern though is that he already has mounting medical bills and all. He's not working due to his back problems and no insurance really. He does have some insurance via the county that does help but it will all add up in the end.

Very valid concerns.  It took my GF 3 yrs to be approved for Disability.  She has a major chronic disease that used to make her visit a hospital probably once every three weeks.  Now, if she is lucky, it's only once for every few months.  She is epileptic, takes heavy medications for pain, and has trouble with stamina.  The rigors of being approved are a little redic, considering how many doctors reviewed her case.  This also happened to be at the time of our state, mainly our governor, choosing not to implement the ACA, or even a state marketplace, which was tied into Medicaid.   

Numbers and profit margins, dude.  Gotta make that 33%!

It's a combination of things. Mostly my "attention to detail". Minor things and mistakes as they claim that are amounting to larger issues as they see it.

But essentially, yeah, it's the whole "here are the numbers, needs to be better and perfect" thing I'm being dished.

Unrealistic expectations for the job. And of course, since I've been at it so long, I get also the whole "you're the most tenured, you should know and be better" line as well.

fuck them, you're Juan. And that's better than Not Juan.

Hope your brother gets better soon and I hope that your job gets better soon.  Or I hope you find something better.

I know the feeling of having a boss with a grudge against you.  I spent a good solid 5 years having a boss trying to get me fired.  He was the guy who banned me from "looking me in the face and eyes because I find it threatening and intimidating when you do that".  Nothing sucks more than showing up to your job knowing that you have to be perfect or someone is going to be there to lay the hammer down.

I think I'm back at that position at work.  I just got through the disciplinary process for my accident at work and they made it pretty clear they are just going to be on the lookout for any infraction to get me fired.  Ah well I'm not to upset it's just annoying that I swear I can never just get to a point at work where I can just show up and not have to deal with a ton of crap.

So fuck my job, fuck your job, fuck jobs all around.

It's a combination of things. Mostly my "attention to detail". Minor things and mistakes as they claim that are amounting to larger issues as they see it.

But essentially, yeah, it's the whole "here are the numbers, needs to be better and perfect" thing I'm being dished.

Unrealistic expectations for the job. And of course, since I've been at it so long, I get also the whole "you're the most tenured, you should know and be better" line as well.

thats unfair. i hate when companies use numbers and stats to crush their employees. like... if you want perfection, build or buy robots to do the job. if that's not possible, then its impossible for your employees to perform perfectly all the time. that's what it is to be human - imperfect.

After a 12 day stretch of work today is finally my Friday. Tomorrow is my one day off this week. Praise jeebus.

Last year I did 16 in a row then had 1 day off. On day 16 they tried to get me to come in the next day. I said "Look, I'm sorry but if I come in tomorrow I'll go 21 days without a day off." and the manager got PISSED at me and said "Oh come on! You're young, you'll be fine."

I said "I'm also a human being who needs a fucking day off. Besides I'm only young compared to you" and walked away.

Also, some of those shifts were 12+ hours because I covered call outs.

I used to pull those kind of schedules when I was a general manger for Papa John's. My assistant's would call out for the lamest shit and in store people would just not show up so I would be stuck working opening til 7 at least 3 days a week, and doing at least 2 open to close's each week because of my assistants, then the other shifts were all ten hours. Before I was a GM, I was working as an assistant to a drunk who would pay me extra cash out of pocket to cover his closing shifts after opening because he stayed out until 7am drinking not to mention how he would come by in the middle of the night and take half the cash out of the store safe and put it back on Fridays... ahh work life. Being unable to work due to health is such a bitch, but I certainly do not miss work stress like you all have  

Fuck all these long stretches. My work is crazy due to people being on vacation right now. Also some maternity leaves. I'm happy to pick up the extra cash and I'm making close to a grand a week. It's just pretty exhausting. Although after tomorrow's day off I have a 6 day stretch but then 4 days off in a row. I'm beyond stoaked.

Fuck all these long stretches. My work is crazy due to people being on vacation right now. Also some maternity leaves. I'm happy to pick up the extra cash and I'm making close to a grand a week. It's just pretty exhausting. Although after tomorrow's day off I have a 6 day stretch but then 4 days off in a row. I'm beyond stoaked.

I know how you feel. I did a month straight once (10 hour shifts) without a day off while I lived in NYC. I made a lot of extra money. Sad thing is since it was NYC, it barely made a dent. Haha.

No one should ever have to work that may hours/days in a row. That is insane. The most I've done is 14 days in a row, and I hated every second of it. Sure I made some extra money, but my free time is more valuable than money.

WE NEED THE CRUSHINATOR IN HERE

Crushinator.jpg

I claim this. This is me.

So I work in a small country town in Oklahoma called El Reno. I rarely even have cell service there and today the president visited the prison there. I could not figure out why there were so many cop cars. Every highway exit and on every overpass for about 15 miles and then the whole town was coated with cops. But I saw his limo ( I assume ?) drive by so that was cool. B)

From like March until last week my girlfriend was working 10am-1am (with a 2 hour break from 1pm-3) with maybe 1 or 2 days off a month. In those 5 months I think she had like 7 days off and at least 2 of them were sick days.

I probably would have actually literally died if I tried to do that shit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic