It'd be nice if I could keep food down. Should I feel bad about missing work, because it looks like I might have to call of tomorrow. Shit luck on my part it is a week where I'm supposed to cover an early shift. I'm not sure it's wise to go in when you can't keep food down and are dizzy. I feel bad though, but know I shouldn't.

Quick question VC.

After his car accident and subsequent ER visits and meds and antiobiotics, my brother has been constipated and not pooped for almost a week now. He has done Metamucil, the red Magnesium something drink mix, and various foods to promote pooping.

Do any of you have any experience with suggestion on what to do? I'm afraid that the longer he's constipated, the more gastrointestinal problems can escalate and get more serious.

worst case scenario, just use laxatives

This stomach flu will not give up. I've been up since 4 am because of it. Looks like I'm missing another day of work, hopefully my last one. So damn annoying being sick. I miss food, all I've had is 2 pieces of toast in 2 days.

This stomach flu will not give up. I've been up since 4 am because of it. Looks like I'm missing another day of work, hopefully my last one. So damn annoying being sick. I miss food, all I've had is 2 pieces of toast in 2 days.

Sorry you're still feeling badly. I know how you feel about wanting to eat. Any time I have seizures it ruins my appetite for days so Im forced to live on toast with peanut butter to give me energy. I'll be so hungry and food will smell wonderful but nothing will have any taste...

I had my car taken to the shop yesterday for the tune-up and to check out a noise it was having. My lower ball-joint is bad, which I sort of suspected. Glad it didn't break on me while driving, that'd have not been good.

The ongoing saga of Juan's family life rolls on.

We had to take my brother to the ER last night. Well, my parents did. I was already in bed sleeping and woke up this morning to a note from them. Seems that late last night, he started getting intense abdominal pains on his right side and running a fever of 100+. No idea what it may be, but they took him in and he was admitted.

Interesttingly enough though is that after I had posted on here asking for poop advice for him, he was able to go and do his business a few times. So he was relieved for that. But now this.

And now with me at work...I'm being pushed to the next level of disciplinary action and getting hammered on again and basically looking at getting shitcanned in about 60 days if I don't improve and be perfect in all I do. Realistic expectations after 10 years of doing this.

Sigh.

Wow, I hope your brother is ok. Keep us updated.

Why is work giving you such a hard time? What are you doing wrong??

Thanks, Ashton!

As for the job. I'm pretty tenured (10 years) and I am guessing that more and better (best) is expected of me. My performance and accuracy sometimes gets inconsistent but I'm not completely failing nor screwing up either. In the past 3-4 months though, they've been coming down on me harder than usual about my numbers and accuracy. Which now is making me feel like I'm being singled-out for some reason other than and beyond just my performance and accuracy. As dramatic as it sounds, it feels as though someone has it in for me. If that were the case, I fail to see who as I'm a hard worked, get along with everyone I work with and our outside vendors/shops, and have never received a customer complaint.

hospital is probably the best place for him, Juan. Your job sounds like corporate restructuring  

It is...my concern though is that he already has mounting medical bills and all. He's not working due to his back problems and no insurance really. He does have some insurance via the county that does help but it will all add up in the end.

Thanks, Ashton!

As for the job. I'm pretty tenured (10 years) and I am guessing that more and better (best) is expected of me. My performance and accuracy sometimes gets inconsistent but I'm not completely failing nor screwing up either. In the past 3-4 months though, they've been coming down on me harder than usual about my numbers and accuracy. Which now is making me feel like I'm being singled-out for some reason other than and beyond just my performance and accuracy. As dramatic as it sounds, it feels as though someone has it in for me. If that were the case, I fail to see who as I'm a hard worked, get along with everyone I work with and our outside vendors/shops, and have never received a customer complaint.

yeah, you don't seem like someone who would slack off or not perform their job in the way that its intended. especially bc you've been there for so long! its definitely strange that they'd be giving you a hard time now. are they being specific with what needs to be improved upon? or is it just "here are your numbers, we need them to be higher" ?

It's a combination of things. Mostly my "attention to detail". Minor things and mistakes as they claim that are amounting to larger issues as they see it.

But essentially, yeah, it's the whole "here are the numbers, needs to be better and perfect" thing I'm being dished.

Unrealistic expectations for the job. And of course, since I've been at it so long, I get also the whole "you're the most tenured, you should know and be better" line as well.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic