I need new tires on my car, but I really hate spending all that money, but should before the winter hits. I wonder if I can get a goodyear employee discount, even though I'm a contractor? Tires are expensive :(.

I was just looking for a used copy of GTAV. I'd check your local Craigslist for a good deal on used hardware

I know you were talking about GTA. I don't have a copy for you.

I did check Craigslist. Found a guy who may be a scammer but I hope isn't because it's relatively inexpensive.

So here's a crazy thing that happened to me today. I'm a huge movie nerd, and recently I saw that a Blu-Ray remaster of the movie "Triumph of the Will" is being released. For those who may not know, "Triumph of the Will" is the most famous Nazi propaganda film produced during the rise of the Nazi party and it is widely studied by film students and scholars for its exceptional filmmaking technique. Anyway I have an old DVD copy of the movie and was like, "I'll totally sell my old DVD and upgrade this to Blu-Ray." So I listed my DVD on eBay and it sold within 12 hours and I shipped it out this morning.

This afternoon an eBay representative called me and told me that they were removing my listing (which had already ended) for violating their policy against the sale of hateful or discriminatory merchandise. They also sent me an email which I screencaptured:

8299bbbc-d0f6-4461-a8d1-e45b2e1b977d.jpg

Anyway I told the guy on the phone that the item already was sold and he said that they would not interfere with the sale at this point, but that in the future, I have to read up on their policy against selling items considered hateful or discriminatory. I just thought that was crazy. I'm not upset about it or anything obviously, but I think that it's fascinating that eBay would do that. Especially when I would argue, as a film nerd, that it is a culturally and historically important movie more than it is hateful. I would even argue that within the film itself, there is not content which is inherently hateful beyond just being a film in support of the Nazi party. Craziness.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic