I went to a record store 45 minutes away that I hardly ever go to. I ended up finding some rad stuff in the dollar bin (Gang of Four, Leonard Cohen, and Carl Perkins with NRBQ) and The Loser Edition of Father John Misty - Fear Fun for $12. It was the blue Urban Outfitters variant that goes for $100+.

Today was a good day.

Jealous of the Leonard Cohen grab. Flip that other record!

:( :( hope you feel better.

Thanks!

Altered States is another movie I showed my cinematically ignorant friends after we got really high. It was a pretty hilarious experience. Not as good as telling them to turn on the last half hour of Videodrome though.

For reference: two of them couldn't make it through Reservoir Dogs because they got bored. One of them thought Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon were the same character in The Departed. All of them loved Biodome to the point that I wanted to murder them if I had to watch it one more time

Altered States is another movie I showed my cinematically ignorant friends after we got really high. It was a pretty hilarious experience. Not as good as telling them to turn on the last half hour of Videodrome though.

For reference: two of them couldn't make it through Reservoir Dogs because they got bored. One of them thought Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon were the same character in The Departed. All of them loved Biodome to the point that I wanted to murder them if I had to watch it one more time

I always love when someone is like "Hey, this part is like that Take On Me video..." Troglodytes...

Butcha, I don't know why I just thought of this but do you remember a screamo band called something like Dear Diary, I Seem to Be Dead? I'm pretty sure they were from NOLA.

Really have no idea why their existence just popped into my head for the first time in like a decade.

Fuck yeah, I have their shit on my computer. The singer of that band is Bryan Funck. Who is now the singer in Thou. And he owns a record shop in New Orleans called Sisters In Christ. Dear Diary was fucking amazing.

Fuck yeah, I have their shit on my computer. The singer of that band is Bryan Funck. Who is now the singer in Thou. And he owns a record shop in New Orleans called Sisters In Christ. Dear Diary was fucking amazing.

Holy shit, had no idea that was the vocalist from Thou. Dear Diary was my shit. I've forgotten so many awesome bands since my hard drive and iPod were stolen years ago :(

Holy shit, had no idea that was the vocalist from Thou. Dear Diary was my shit. I've forgotten so many awesome bands since my hard drive and iPod were stolen years ago :(

No worries, ill get it to you very soon. Ever heard the screamo band from DC called Attrition? I have an EP of theirs also I want to give you if you've never heard them.

No worries, ill get it to you very soon. Ever heard the screamo band from DC called Attrition? I have an EP of theirs also I want to give you if you've never heard them.

I've heard of them but I don't think I've ever heard them.

There are dozens of obscure screamo bands I'll never rediscover. My old digital collection was ridiculous. Some dudes recorded a demo in their basement, uploaded it to YSI, and then broke up? I probably had it.

I've heard of them but I don't think I've ever heard them.

There are dozens of obscure screamo bands I'll never rediscover. My old digital collection was ridiculous. Some dudes recorded a demo in their basement, uploaded it to YSI, and then broke up? I probably had it.

Attrition is fucking amazing. I played a show with them many many many years ago at a venue Bryan was running in the 9th ward called The Green Project. Ill get that EP to you also. I can't find it anywhere. Its called Chapter 1: We're Fucking Serious. I'll get you some Dear Diary stuff to DarcX.

Whoa, never heard of them! I'll ask Bryan about it next time I go to Sisters in Christ, hahaha. I love that place. I wish I could afford to go there more often. :(

Ask him if he has any old In Tomorrows Shadow CDs. That was the death metal band I was in in high school. He put us on his label and self produced our entire record. Bryan is a god.

Ask him if he has any old In Tomorrows Shadow CDs. That was the death metal band I was in in high school. He put us on his label and self produced our entire record. Bryan is a god.

Hopefully I'll remember that! He seems like a really cool guy. I need to actually fucking listen to Thou though. How have I slept on that.

Also, you called me DarcX... Just call me Eli. And if you can't remember, Darc, is fine. :P

Hopefully I'll remember that! He seems like a really cool guy. I need to actually fucking listen to Thou though. How have I slept on that.

Also, you called me DarcX... Just call me Eli. And if you can't remember, Darc, is fine. :P

Listen to Thou? You live where they live. Go have your fucking face blown off at one of their shows. They are amazing live. And loud as all fuck. But until then, yes, GO LISTEN TO THOU ELI.

Listen to Thou? You live where they live. Go have your fucking face blown off at one of their shows. They are amazing live. And loud as all fuck. But until then, yes, GO LISTEN TO THOU ELI.

Last time Thou played here, they did a collaboration set with The Body.  It was the same night as another show I had tickets too (deafheaven).  Really wish that would've been one show.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic