By how much? Out here were already at like 9% sales tax. I already try to avoid buying shit here when I can because of that, raise it much more and I bet more people would.

that 9% if broken down would be like 5% state, 1.5% county etc...its usually tiny but added up in big cities usually getting what they want.

my last tiny agency i was paying a $1400 premium for just me and the wife.

this year is the first time ive ever been a part of a health insurance/job that has a pay scale deduction percentage.

i.e. people making 0-49,999 have 8.5% taken out of their check. 50-99,999 have 20% taken out.

Oh, I don't pay that shit. I just pick the plan I want and they cover the majority. I pay less than $200 of the $1,200 monthly premium. Which is much better, but not that relevant if we are taking about health care expenses generally. 

Huh? All I'm saying is the "rich assholes" aren't here because they love the country, they're here because they love money.

Ayn Rand was literal human garbage who wrote books about how rich people are better than poor people and if we try to help the poor then rich people will go into hiding or some shit.

Yeah, student loans seem scary. I'm hoping to get some scholarship money to help, but I don't know if I'm good enough.

Everyone needs to seriously consider community college for their first two years. You save a buttload of money, then transfer to a 4 year and have the same diploma as the idiots who paid so much more to attend a 4 year college The entire time.

If I had that large of a jump in taxes and was making that much I'd move, then it'd be 50% of 0. They're smart people, I'd bet they would do the same.

Move to where?

All Most Developed countries have higher tax rates than the US.

Are they going to move to an LDC like Syria or A developing country like Mexico?

Ayn Rand was literal human garbage who wrote books about how rich people are better than poor people and if we try to help the poor then rich people will go into hiding or some shit.

Think about it. I'm a rich asshole. I only care about money, fuck the poor people. If I am going to lose half of my money every year to poor people, would I take it or find a way around it? They're shitty people, but it's what would happen. If you don't think it is, what do you think would go down?

Wait guys... I've got it. How about we blow up all of the buildings storing data for major credit card companies. If there is no records - there is no debt.

We can start a new world order.  I saw it in a movie once and it seemed to go pretty smoothly.

I SAID THE RAPE AND PILLAGE IDEA SOUNDED FUN! LET'S GIVE ER A GO

Honestly, I'm not sure that is true Thomas, even though I said it. I have no idea how dependents impact tax dedications in high income households. We are a six figure household and we get a reasonable break for our daughter so I suspect you'd have to be pretty well off.

I do agree we are totally fucked, I just don't think there is any plan or even idea that would fix it currently.

This is correct. No one has a great plan, least of all us people in here. That won't (and shouldn't) stop us from making overly simplistic assertions based on political affiliation. That's the fun part.

It isn't like the sky is falling tomorrow. We still have some time to be proactive. If nothing materializes at a policy level than changes will be... a little more reactive but will probably still come. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic