This is from a few pages back, but sex > LOTR and Star Wars

If I were presented with the choice "You have to abstain for one day or else LOTR and Star Wars will have never existed" my response would be "Eh, the nerds will still have Star Trek and Harry Potter"

It's more so LOTR / Star Wars > sex -- at the present time. This isn't a forever, and always type statement.

If I had to give up sex for a year for LoTR to exist, I would drop those girls in a fucking second (pun intended). Easiest choice.

Length wise, I've enjoyed LoTR for many more hours than I have enjoyed having sex. Haha.

It's more so LOTR / Star Wars > sex -- at the present time. This isn't a forever, and always type statement.

If I had to give up sex for a year for LoTR to exist, I would drop those girls in a fucking second (pun intended). Easiest choice.

Length wise, I've enjoyed LoTR for many more hours than I have enjoyed having sex. Haha.

I didn't ignore your last post responding to me, I plan on responding when I'm off mobile and have a proper keyboard.

I'm going to post some bands I used to go see in high school/early 20s, some of you will definitely enjoy them. A lot of these dudes went on to other similar bands that put out records/you may know. All these bands are from my home town and I grew up with most of these dudes :)

(music actually starts around 1:30) This is one of the bands that the dudes went on to other stuff/got kind of more popular.

This was my favorite venue as a kid. Saw Alexisonfire with my friend's band and there were under 20 people there for AoF when they played. (/brag)

My buddy loved these dudes.

http://www.destructo.org/thehueoftwo/2004%20doctor%20doctor%20this%20citys%20sick/01%20the%20hue%20of%20two%20-%20doctor%20doctor%20this%20citys%20sick%20-%20farewell%20my%20monorail.mp3

This is a band my buddy Travis was in with Daniel Danger for a while. He was pretty big in our scene for a while, then I think he moved away? I didn't keep up with a lot of scene comings and goings around that time.

And you guys know Such Gold, and Polar Bear Club, probably, they seem popular on these boards. They were after my time, but I booked them for shows and stuff when I was doing that garbage.

I can't find anything online from The Breaking Project, but Touche Amore reminded me much more of them than anything else.

Sorry, name drops and whatever because internet cool points?

Before I ever read what you wrote: no, Id didn't at all. Please, don't think I am either. I know my diction can come off hostile but I'm laughing at it all as I type. I'm just like "why do people even give a shit" haha.

Oh, dude, HS problems matter for sure. I mean, a lot of them will be pretty insignificant compared to shit other people are going through, but I would take solace in that fact. If your main problems are acne, girls, finding time to skate, what album to listen to, getting your mom to drive yo to a show (these were mine), then power to you. Enjoy the simpler times. I knew I wish I would have when I was your age. All feels like a blur now.

Man, I have, what, like 13 years on you? And I still have no fucking clue I want to do with my life. Don't even sweat it. The closet idea I have is working in a record shop, making shit pay, and just taking it day by day. Sometimes age / time has nothing to do with being able to answer that question. We're all different. Some people just do the same fucking thing day after day, and that question gets answered for them. All be it it's probably an answer as basic as they are, like majoring in Communications and marrying some frat douche they met freshman year. For other people, such as myself, it's a day by day thing. I just go day by day and see what happens. I'm content with just getting a job to pay the bills, buy records, feed myself, and to hang with my best friend. Some people put a lot more stock into the whole "what am I going to do with my life" than I do, and that's cool. It's just not something I get hung up on.

Almost every night of my life is sitting home, alone, listening to records and cursing the darkness. Over the years I've learned to appreciate it, yet I'm very, very slowly trying to appreciate other things in my life, like quality time with my Dad, and sharing music with other people. Like I said, I'm pretty introverted, and it takes a lot for me to go out and actually hang with someone, even more so when it's a new person. Now that I'm home, I'm trying to at least meet some new people to kind of judge where I am at mentally. I've met 3 girls in the last week, which is crazy for me. I haven't been in a familiar environment in years, so it's interesting to go about doing shit like this again with a more comfortable setting.

I am going to address each of your paragraphs in an individual paragraph that corresponds. (same order reply as OP)

Glad we cool <3

No, my "HS problem" is more that I am just an awkward fuck. Throughout grade school I had a few close friends. Somehow or another, my two closest friends and I just kinda drifted apart. It happens, I know, but now I just don't have anyone I can really count on. I have friends, sure, but they're really more acquaintances I spend a lot of time with. None of them are really interested in me. Hell, I bet none of them would know my birthday if I asked. Before, I had two guys who I could call at 2AM to bail me out of jail and they'd pay it all with a smile on their face and we'd go fuck around for a while after. It's just weird.

It's just more that not having any clue what I want to do (really about anything) gives me no drive. I don't give a fuck about school because I have no fucking clue what I want to do with the rest of my life. I have no motivation to do well. I spend most of my school day on here because I have goals, motivation, and plans. It's pathetic, but record collecting and music in general is how I distract myself from real life.

I like being alone for the most part. It's just nice to have people you can count on. My dad and I tend to not get along great. We can fake it for a bit, but it never really ends well. My brothers are basically my polar opposite personality wise. My mom and I are cool, but she's not a peer my age who I can talk about everything with. I just feel alone and unmotivated. I kept hoping I'd figure out what I wanted to do and how to do it as I got older, but high school keeps going and as I get closer to college I realize I have no fucking clue about anything in my life.

Okay, pathetic sob story over. This is why I was going to avoid venting. I think I am going to change my username because people I know actually know I go by Rezqua and I open up to you guys here more than anyone else really and don't exactly want all this to be public knowledge.

I went ahead and changed my username. It feels weird.

The new Black Dahlia Murder album kicks ass. I finally got around to picking it up today and am in a weird space between feeling bummed based on the contents of my previous post and wanting to start a one man moshpit in my bedroom

Other random thoughts

The new Black Dahlia Murder album kicks ass. I finally got around to picking it up today and am in a weird space between feeling bummed based on the contents of my previous post and wanting to start a one man moshpit in my bedroom

Other random thoughts

new name = new avatar. for now you're 50% vested.

go 100% young man.

Other random thoughts

I'm digging the new BDM as well. Still need a cheap Miasma.

A girl is texting me about music, and telling me that she relates to indie / folk / rock because of the beautiful lyrics.

So I naturally respond with how I relate to beautiful lyrics like this:

Hell is empty,

Hell is here.

Hell is home,

I am free.

Let them wander under black skies.

Drink the cursed blood of the father.

Eat each other.

Separate myself from mankind.

I am safe here.

Hide my weakness behind violence.

I am not your shepherd.

Hell is kindness.

Hell is love.

Hell is peace.

I am free.

I stand tall behind my wall.

Hidden here.

Great I am.

She responds with "how will you ever fall in love or have beautiful sex with the windows open while in rains".

I don't. I want to hate fuck the shit out of some goth chick to Cult Leader. Duh.

(I think maybe the only person who will appreciate this is Bruce. <3)

Can you just send a few of these girls my way? 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic