Not sure yet. On an hour and a half call back list from the airline to reschedule. This is so fucking annoying.

That's shitty. I had a ton of delays, but no cancellations. At least you're still in NO, and not stuck in some random city.

The crazy storms in the middle/south of the country causing the cancellations?

That's shitty. I had a ton of delays, but no cancellations. At least you're still in NO, and not stuck in some random city.

The crazy storms in the middle/south of the country causing the cancellations?

Seems to be the case. My first flight was into Dallas and that's the one they canceled. Hopefully I can still leave at some point today.

Seems to be the case. My first flight was into Dallas and that's the one they canceled. Hopefully I can still leave at some point today.

I hope so too. Rescheduling flights can be a pain in the ass.

I missed an ETID show once because I was flying from Texas to Upstate NY. I was in Chicago and they overbooked my flight by one. I was that one so I got stuck there until the next afternoon.

I was home just in time that I could have gone to the show but instead just wanted to die for about a 20 hours.

a few yrs ago, I went to Cancun.  Coming back on the return trip, my flight in ATL was delayed.  We boarded the plane ready to head back to Indy, when the pilot come on the PA and states "well folks, the mechanics won't clear the plane for us, due to a mechanical failure.  we're going to have to ask you to exit the plane, and hopefully, we have one coming over soon from the hanger"

as people were leaving, all you heard was complaining.  

as soon as I'm back in the terminal, a guy behind me screams "freedom", bends down, and kisses the carpet.  everyone just stared.  

I'd much rather wait, than not control my fate

Easter N.M. is under a state of emergency.  a lot of people don't have power, or are stranded. 

I missed an ETID show once because I was flying from Texas to Upstate NY. I was in Chicago and they overbooked my flight by one. I was that one so I got stuck there until the next afternoon.

I was home just in time that I could have gone to the show but instead just wanted to die for about a 20 hours.

I got stuck at o'hare for about 8 hours and hated every second of it. I can't imagine being there longer. Did they comp a room for you to stay in, and give you a flight voucher?

a few yrs ago, I went to Cancun.  Coming back on the return trip, my flight in ATL was delayed.  We boarded the plane ready to head back to Indy, when the pilot come on the PA and states "well folks, the mechanics won't clear the plane for us, due to a mechanical failure.  we're going to have to ask you to exit the plane, and hopefully, we have one coming over soon from the hanger"

as people were leaving, all you heard was complaining.  

as soon as I'm back in the terminal, a guy behind me screams "freedom", bends down, and kisses the carpet.  everyone just stared.  

I'd much rather wait, than not control my fate

Easter N.M. is under a state of emergency.  a lot of people don't have power, or are stranded. 

My flight from Akron to Chicago was delayed 4 hours because the cabin lights would not work. The only mechanic they had that day had never worked on that plane before, and all he had to do was resolder a joint. It was a bit ridiculous. It was my first time flying, and it was terrible.

Just make sure to not accept a comp'd hotel as their way of making it up to you. You're legally entitled to a lot more. It's something like $1300 in reimbursement either via cash or vouchers. Look up the details for whatever airline you're flying. Same thing when they overbook flights. But since no one ever knows about it they just take the hotel offer or maybe a bump to first class. 

Just make sure to not accept a comp'd hotel as their way of making it up to you. You're legally entitled to a lot more. It's something like $1300 in reimbursement either via cash or vouchers. Look up the details for whatever airline you're flying. Same thing when they overbook flights. But since no one ever knows about it they just take the hotel offer or maybe a bump to first class. 

Good to know, I'd probably be happy with a hotel and a voucher for a few $100 off a ticket, but more money sounds better.

It depends on why it's cancelled though.  If it's a weather thing, then you're SOL I believe.

My wife was curious, how does something like this affect your job or are there guidelines to excuse you from something you cannot control like the flight being cancelled because of weather? 

My wife was curious, how does something like this affect your job or are there guidelines to excuse you from something you cannot control like the flight being cancelled because of weather? 

It happened to me quite a few years ago and the job was very understanding.  It sucked losing those hours because I was ultra broke though.  I think you'd have to have a pretty shitty work environment if they held something like that against you.

It is getting fucking cold out here. It's still just above freezing, but it's raining and windy as hell, so it is terrible outside. I'm sick of rain, I want snow at this point.

My job has been pretty understanding. Luckily my boss is one of my best friends so all is good there.

Here's what's going down...

I was on the phone with American Airlines for over 2 hours while I was getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist ha. It literally boiled down to multiple times being told there was nothing they could do to help me besides flying me out this Thursday. I have to get back to work tomorrow. My ex girlfriend flys into Portland tomorrow at midnight to visit me for New Years and I have to pick her up. So much stress was happening. They were trying to get me to drive a quick 7 hours to little rock Arkansas to fly me out tomorrow. I was like uhh no..so finally what has happened is that a flight from Baton Rouge (about an hour away) to Dallas is still flying today. And my flight from Dallas to Portland has not been canceled. Just my flight from New Orleans to Dallas was canceled. So currently I'm in my buddies car high tailing it to Baton Rouge so I can make a flight that leaves at 4:30 and arrive in Dallas at 6:25. Then my Dallas flight leaves at 7:05 to get to Portland. Fingers crossed the Dallas to PDX flight stays and doesn't get canceled or else I'm stuck in Dallas until further notice. It's a gamble but I'm fucking going for it. Wish me luck guys!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic