He was my roommate. Dibs.

I really feel like I should move to Portland.  

The first time I visited, I despised it.  I had all these preconceptions formed through media and my friends' opinions about the city - I simply despised it.  By the second time, I began to warm up.  The third time, I began to fall in love.  Every time after that (it's been a handful) I've felt more comfortable, more accepted, than before.  I feel the vibe of the town matches mine.  But maybe it's all naive idealization.

A girl is texting me about music, and telling me that she relates to indie / folk / rock because of the beautiful lyrics.

So I naturally respond with how I relate to beautiful lyrics like this:

Hell is empty,

Hell is here.

Hell is home,

I am free.

Let them wander under black skies.

Drink the cursed blood of the father.

Eat each other.

Separate myself from mankind.

I am safe here.

Hide my weakness behind violence.

I am not your shepherd.

Hell is kindness.

Hell is love.

Hell is peace.

I am free.

I stand tall behind my wall.

Hidden here.

Great I am.

She responds with "how will you ever fall in love or have beautiful sex with the windows open while in rains".

I don't. I want to hate fuck the shit out of some goth chick to Cult Leader. Duh.

(I think maybe the only person who will appreciate this is Bruce. <3)

She wasn't goth but I have done did this with thier first EP.

I really feel like I should move to Portland.  

The first time I visited, I despised it.  I had all these preconceptions formed through media and my friends' opinions about the city - I simply despised it.  By the second time, I began to warm up.  The third time, I began to fall in love.  Every time after that (it's been a handful) I've felt more comfortable, more accepted, than before.  I feel the vibe of the town matches mine.  But maybe it's all naive idealization.

I'm toying with going to college up there. It's far enough away from family that I can have some space to figure myself out but my aunt who I actually like (one of maybe two family members I like) is up there so I'd have someone if I needed them.

I'm toying with going to college up there. It's far enough away from family that I can have some space to figure myself out but my aunt who I actually like (one of maybe two family members I like) is up there so I'd have someone if I needed them.

One of my really good friends lives in Eugene and she loves it there.  I was contemplating moving there as a transitionary thing, and then seeing if I could muster up the ability to survive in Portland itself. 

Maybe by the time you're in college, I'll be joining the cool kids up there. :D

You guys are too kind. The trick is to grow a beard to cover half of your face. Hahaha.

I'm just gonna have to stick to gluing pubes on my face since my facial hair comes in patchier than a boy scout uniform.

Same, I can't grow a beard. It just sorta stops growing after a few days and looks terrible.

Edit: Back to work for me too. It's annoying since company employees are off, so the building is empty. Only us contractors here this week.

Morning room. I'd give anything to trade places with some of you and have a job to go to...this sitting home shit gets quite tiresome..

This made the last 6 pages of catch up totally worth it....

I'd probably get really bored too, but I'd make a good go at it for a while. I just need like a week off, to clear my head here.

I'd probably get really bored too, but I'd make a good go at it for a while. I just need like a week off, to clear my head here.

I'd get in trouble at your job because the people would call with problems and I would keep them on the phone for random chit chat after fixing their problems lol

I'd get in trouble at your job because the people would call with problems and I would keep them on the phone for random chit chat after fixing their problems lol

People do it all the time, and no one really cares. I do sometimes, but it is rare since I just want off the phone 90% of the time.

My manager is off today, so no one else is doing work again. I hate this place more and more each day. One girl has had someone on hold for like 20 minutes while she talks to someone else.

I am going to address each of your paragraphs in an individual paragraph that corresponds. (same order reply as OP)

Glad we cool <3

No, my "HS problem" is more that I am just an awkward fuck. Throughout grade school I had a few close friends. Somehow or another, my two closest friends and I just kinda drifted apart. It happens, I know, but now I just don't have anyone I can really count on. I have friends, sure, but they're really more acquaintances I spend a lot of time with. None of them are really interested in me. Hell, I bet none of them would know my birthday if I asked. Before, I had two guys who I could call at 2AM to bail me out of jail and they'd pay it all with a smile on their face and we'd go fuck around for a while after. It's just weird.

It's just more that not having any clue what I want to do (really about anything) gives me no drive. I don't give a fuck about school because I have no fucking clue what I want to do with the rest of my life. I have no motivation to do well. I spend most of my school day on here because I have goals, motivation, and plans. It's pathetic, but record collecting and music in general is how I distract myself from real life.

I like being alone for the most part. It's just nice to have people you can count on. My dad and I tend to not get along great. We can fake it for a bit, but it never really ends well. My brothers are basically my polar opposite personality wise. My mom and I are cool, but she's not a peer my age who I can talk about everything with. I just feel alone and unmotivated. I kept hoping I'd figure out what I wanted to do and how to do it as I got older, but high school keeps going and as I get closer to college I realize I have no fucking clue about anything in my life.

Okay, pathetic sob story over. This is why I was going to avoid venting. I think I am going to change my username because people I know actually know I go by Rezqua and I open up to you guys here more than anyone else really and don't exactly want all this to be public knowledge.

I was an awkward fuck in high school with zero friends. I went like two years without ever doing anything social or really interacting with another person. In retrospect I could have had tons of friends but when people would talk to me I would assume they hated me and I'd close off even more.

The worst was years later having girls be like "I really wanted to fuck you in high school but you'd always ignore me"

But being in high school is just a bad time all around. You'll figure some shit out as you get older. I didn't give a shit about school and now I'm almost thirty and I still don't know what I want to "do" and I have no real direction. I work a shitty job to pay my bills. I drink. I sleep.

But being in high school is just a bad time all around. You'll figure some shit out as you get older. I didn't give a shit about school and now I'm almost thirty and I still don't know what I want to "do" and I have no real direction. I work a shitty job to pay my bills. I drink. I sleep.

Agreed. On all accounts. I turn 30 in 2 months, hate my job, and where I am in life. I have no clue what I really want to do. People who figure it out are lucky, and I hope you do Rez, but life is all about discovery. You'll come into your own more as you grow up and things will get better. I don't mind my life, I just hate my job and where I am because of it.

Agreed. On all accounts. I turn 30 in 2 months, hate my job, and where I am in life. I have no clue what I really want to do. People who figure it out are lucky, and I hope you do Rez, but life is all about discovery. You'll come into your own more as you grow up and things will get better. I don't mind my life, I just hate my job and where I am because of it.

I lucked out and fell into something that I made work.

I lucked out and fell into something that I made work.

Which is always awesome, and it happens a lot, but some of us don't and it's annoying. I never regret anything in life, since everything is an experience, I just need out of this one and onto my next.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic