Yeah, that's what I will end up doing. Games have just gotten too crazy fucking expensive (I have already told my story...) for me to want to buy them. I really prefer original controllers though so emulation just isn't quite the same. My favorite systems were PS1, TG16, and SNES. One of my best hauls ever was at a swap meet when I was on vacation in San Diego. Hardly even convinced my parents to stop because we were already late leaving. I seriously found $500+ worth of stuff and spent maybe $40. Turbografx 16 and a ton of games was the highlight. I seriously almost shit myself. Also kinda bummed because [undisclosed youtube personality] I liked ended up being there and tried to buy it all off me for less than I paid and was overall a total jackass. Was nice to tell him to fuck off though.

Actually, no, my best pickup would have been the time I got $700+ worth of boxed SNES games for $50 on Craigslist. Mom was fucking pissed because it was like 2 hours away but was cool with it when I sold one of the things I already had and gave her $200.

Finished my taxes last night, look like I'm getting $1300 back. Quite happy with that, since it puts me well over my loan payoff threshold.

I'm still waiting for all of my papers to arrive. :(. But the good news is that my roommate is a tax lawyer so it'll get filed pretty quick once they arrive. B).

Last year I didn't file them until August because I was too lazy to just walk across the house and give him my papers.

Hey, guys...guess who has two thumbs and a turntable that's not embarrassing anymore?

The Xpression II I was looking at was just sold a couple days ago, so I picked up a Debut Carbon instead. My shop packaged the turntable, a Phono Box MM, and a pair of RCA cables together for $450, which is only $50 over what I was planning to spend anyway. The only thing I don't have is the Speedbox, which I can pick up later if I decide I need/want one.

Fare thee well, "bought it off the shelf at Best Buy" Sony! Yr boy's got a real TT now

that sounds like a great deal, I wish I could upgrade, but my numark is a workhorse it's been going strong on heavy play for close to 7 years now (upgraded the cart is only difference) and it's one of the older models before they switched to all plastic parts. I know it's the weak link in my setup but it sounds better than any other table I've heard under $300 and at least has a counter weight

I'm still waiting for all of my papers to arrive. :(. But the good news is that my roommate is a tax lawyer so it'll get filed pretty quick once they arrive. B).

Last year I didn't file them until August because I was too lazy to just walk across the house and give him my papers.

Haha, wow, that is pretty lazy. Aren't they do in April? I always do mine right away.

Certainly seems that way. I'm trying not to pass out, because I'm fucking tired.

I stayed up all night 2 days ago trying to shift my clock a bit. I ended up only getting two hours of sleep yesterday, so I had to try again, but on 2 hours. I ended up passing out at 10am and just woke up. Seems I'm going good to have to shift forward instead of back. Haha.

I stayed up all night 2 days ago trying to shift my clock a bit. I ended up only getting two hours of sleep yesterday, so I had to try again, but on 2 hours. I ended up passing out at 10am and just woke up. Seems I'm going good to have to shift forward instead of back. Haha.

It's so hard to switch up your sleeping habits, but to easy to break them. Just like now, I passed out shortly after that comment and just woke up. I just took at 2 hours nap, so now my sleep schedule is going to be fucked up.

té is amazing. I need some of their stuff.

I'm going to buy their collection from this sale stuff. It's $55 for the 3xLP. Shipping is a rough $34 though. Still worth it considering it's the only pressing of these albums, it's by Denovali, and there are only 500 total. They usually go for $100 plus shipping. I'm stoked to get it. It's probably going to be clear which I'm fine with. So in 3 weeks or so prepare to be jealous.

I've been thinking about getting a dog for years now, and a shelter that has several dogs of interest does a meet and greet event on Saturdays at a Petco near one of my favorite places to hang out in Atlanta. I might actually try to get up and out to see who's there and ask a few questions, mainly whether or not I'd even be able to adopt through them since their adoption process is really intense.

Like, I'm not even kidding when I say they make it seem like you're adopting a human child. The application is like a job application; it's about six pages long, they check all of your references (both personal and veterinary), they do a home visit, then there's a mandatory two week trial adoption period before they'll even give you ownership of the dog. I don't know, maybe this is more common than I thought.

There was this girl I met at a club like eight years ago. We talked for hours and had a pretty good time. Unfortunately she had to leave abruptly because her friend wasn't feeling well. I never heard of her again until she won the australian open five minutes ago. haha. weird.

Needed a place to rant. My firm has completely phased out support for the Mac OS while embracing the use of mobile platforms such as the iPad/iPhone/Droid/etc.(makes no sense right?) So now my computer skills of basically locking down my computer by manually installing certificates for security, encrypting the disk, etc. is no longer a valid way of continuing to work on my MBP or iMac.

On the other hand a laptop to crunch numbers with is ~$200 so that beats shelling out $1600-2000 for a Mac hahah

Now I'm 1) Going to succumb to Craig's List to sell my laptop with the possibility of getting killed or 2) Just going to toss it up on eBay and eat that 8% fee :(

I guess my loss will be someone else's gain though! :D RIP Mac Master Race Hipster, hello PC Average Hipster :( (I feel like those Direct TV vs. Cable commercials now!)

/rant

Needed a place to rant. My firm has completely phased out support for the Mac OS while embracing the use of mobile platforms such as the iPad/iPhone/Droid/etc.(makes no sense right?) So now my computer skills of basically locking down my computer by manually installing certificates for security, encrypting the disk, etc. is no longer a valid way of continuing to work on my MBP or iMac.

On the other hand a laptop to crunch numbers with is ~$200 so that beats shelling out $1600-2000 for a Mac hahah

Now I'm 1) Going to succumb to Craig's List to sell my laptop with the possibility of getting killed or 2) Just going to toss it up on eBay and eat that 8% fee :(

I guess my loss will be someone else's gain though! :D RIP Mac Master Race Hipster, hello PC Average Hipster :( (I feel like those Direct TV vs. Cable commercials now!)

/rant

How old is your MBP?

Good morning room. I took off about 5 pounds of beard yesterday.....yet, I still have a full beard lol

Edit: hope you have a great weekend too Kevin!

thanks about to run a bunch of errands and go thrifting for some gems, I ran out of pot yesterday so I'm going to get an early start so I can get to the dispensary

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic