Is it 4 yet? This is the most boring day of work in a long time. It is super slowww. Thankfully I thought to leave my shitty apple earbuds here, so I'm streaming my music I uploaded to google play.

Oh meant to ask, anyone have an old ipod nano or something laying around? My 6 year old keeps taking my phone to listen to music with her ear buds so I figured I'd get her something of her own to listen to jams...

Do they still make the Sansa Clip+? Best little MP3 player ever. I'm thinking of rebuying one, along with a 32gb sd card, to load some music on for my upcoming plane trips. It also takes Rockbox, so I can enjoy gapless playback (doubt you'd need mod it for your daughter) Going to finally order some of the the Xiaomi Piston v3 earbuds Matt has too. Should make a nice little DAP for flying. The battery lasts forever on the Sansa too.

Edit: Looks like it was discontinued, and replaced by another player. I'm sure any of the Sansa's would work great for her, since they are small, cheap and have a long battery life (~25 hours). I need to find a used clip+ though, since the new ones don't take Rockbox.

Do they still make the Sansa Clip+? Best little MP3 player ever. I'm thinking of rebuying one, along with a 32gb sd card, to load some music on for my upcoming plane trips. It also takes Rockbox, so I can enjoy gapless playback (doubt you'd need mod it for your daughter) Going to finally order some of the the Xiaomi Piston v3 earbuds Matt has too. Should make a nice little DAP for flying. The battery lasts forever on the Sansa too.

Edit: Looks like it was discontinued, and replaced by another player. I'm sure any of the Sansa's would work great for her, since they are small, cheap and have a long battery life (~25 hours). I need to find a used clip+ though, since the new ones don't take Rockbox.

Check out head fi for Sansa clips. There are usually still some floating around. And I agree, it's a really great player for the price point.

I always forget to check their sales forum out, so I'll do that now.

There are a couple of 8gb models on the bays for $40 as well.Then the new model (the sport) which has a bigger screen is $30 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sport-Player-Screen-MicroSDHC/dp/B00N56U4WU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457205561&sr=8-3&keywords=sansa+clip

There are a couple of 8gb models on the bays for $40 as well.Then the new model (the sport) which has a bigger screen is $30 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sport-Player-Screen-MicroSDHC/dp/B00N56U4WU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457205561&sr=8-3&keywords=sansa+clip

Can't Rockbox the new ones, so no gapless playback. I have the 8gb one on my ebay watchlist, so will probably grab one of those.

$10 difference for RB seems fair to me. I don't know what I'd do without gapless playback.

Agreed. It is really annoying hearing that half a second break when there is no gapless playback (experiencing it right now listening to my music on google play :().

It really is. It almost ruins an album were a lot of the tracks lead into the next continuously. Funny have just a few years ago, this was the norm for digital files and we didn't know any better unless we were listening to a CD/record.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic