What does a background check entail. Does that mean they'll find my account here? I don't have anything awful but I have some stuff that probably wouldn't help my case + my leaning towards profanity. No idea if that matters. I got a few applications and am applying to a few others online so I should be able to secure something

What does a background check entail. Does that mean they'll find my account here? I don't have anything awful but I have some stuff that probably wouldn't help my case + my leaning towards profanity. No idea if that matters. I got a few applications and am applying to a few others online so I should be able to secure something

Background checks won't find VC...

I hope not at least.

Hahahaha. No, not really. It's a criminal background check. They would also do a work background check if you had one. Some employers these days might look you up on Facebook (I shit you not) to see if you are the type of person they want working for them. So basic, everyday social networking sites that have your legal name tied to it.

This is America. Curse all you want. If some prospective employer doesn't higher you cause you curse online, they will be looking for applicants till the end of time.

Also, do you still want that Kokomo record? I'm going to the post Monday.

Your naïveté is adorable.

Also, if you're older, drug testing is fairly common in background checks, but nothing you have to worry about.

Hahahahahaha

I once got a job at Taco Bell/KFC because my buddy and I stopped in while we were stoned. I didn't have a job so my friend made me fill out an application. I just wrote a bunch of dumb shit to make him laugh. They called me for an interview that started with the manager being like "Your application was the funniest thing I've ever read. I showed it to everyone and we need you to work here."

I also got that same friend a job at Zumiez once (he didn't take it) because he was filling out applications at the mall and begged me to fill one out for him to save him time, so I just wrote a bunch of dumb shit. We ran into the manager somewhere and she begged him to take the job.

Your naïveté is adorable.

Also, if you're older, drug testing is fairly common in background checks, but nothing you have to worry about.

Yeah, I can pass a drug test.

Hahahaha. No, not really. It's a criminal background check. They would also do a work background check if you had one. Some employers these days might look you up on Facebook (I shit you not) to see if you are the type of person they want working for them. So basic, everyday social networking sites that have your legal name tied to it.

This is America. Curse all you want. If some prospective employer doesn't higher you cause you curse online, they will be looking for applicants till the end of time.

Also, do you still want that Kokomo record? I'm going to the post Monday.

I didn't figure it'd be an issue and knew it wouldn't be on its own, but wasn't sure if my choice vocabulary/dumping on many people/places/politics would reflect badly upon me and bump me down the list of prospects.

Can't get Kokomo right now, I'm broke and before I buy any more records I need to square up with m'lady who I owe $20 still because I'm trash.

Luv u Rez.

Figured you guys would get a kick out of my dumb questions. I tend to be pretty calculating and not knowing what to do or how to go about doing anything for something I really need to do is stressing me out. Hell, I make sure I rolled up the car windows and locked the doors like twice before I go in and still worry I fucked something up and that's idiot proof.

Yeah, I can pass a drug test. I didn't figure it'd be an issue and knew it wouldn't be on its own, but wasn't sure if my choice vocabulary/dumping on many people/places/politics would reflect badly upon me and bump me down the list of prospects.

Can't get Kokomo right now, I'm broke and before I buy any more records I need to square up with m'lady who I owe $20 still because I'm trash. Figured you guys would get a kick out of my dumb questions. I tend to be pretty calculating and not knowing what to do or how to go about doing anything for something I really need to do is stressing me out. Hell, I make sure I rolled up the car windows and locked the doors like twice before I go in and still worry I fucked something up and that's idiot proof.

You're not trash! Told you I wasn't worried about it :)

Finding a job at your age shouldn't be so stressful - they're all throw away jobs truly. You're probably not going to find a job you really like, but it's not hard to find something tolerable.

Also, a resume, while impressive for someone in your shoes, seems like overkill for anything you're seeking out. Online and in-store applications are fairly typical, as previously mentioned. Good luck Dom!

You should never own more than 2 MM albums.

Maybe 3, I haven't listened to Long Drive in awhile.

Obviously those 2 albums are LCW and M&A

If I had it my way I wouldn't own any. Haha.

I have:

Sad Sucker

This Is A Long Drive

Lonesome Crowded

Good News

I'm sure I'll be buying Moon for her eventually. She likes BTBAM, and Caspian, so I can't give her too much shit for her Mouse love.

Lonesome Crowded

Long Drive

Moon

Building Nothing

and Everywhere are so good.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic