4 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I've heard his live show is really good, I've seen a lot of live Hip Hop and most I wouldn't say was worth seeing live, the standout exceptions were Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, A Tribe Called Quest and NaS

maaaaan I wish I could've seen ATCQ, I'm so sad. When did you see them? Nas seems like he'd be good, haven't listened to Aesop Rock or Atmosphere though.  I'd like to catch Chance, Kendrick, and RTJ at some point(and Kanye obviously).

6 minutes ago, texan4life said:

maaaaan I wish I could've seen ATCQ, I'm so sad. When did you see them? Nas seems like he'd be good, haven't listened to Aesop Rock or Atmosphere though.  I'd like to catch Chance, Kendrick, and RTJ at some point(and Kanye obviously).

Rock The Bells 2007 or 2008 can't remember. The Pharcyde played with all the original members that show too which was amazing. Tribe played all the jams and were having so much fun, even had Jarobi. I'm not even the biggest NaS fan but he played the songs everyone wanted to hear and had such command of the stage I couldn't help but be impressed. I've seen El-P solo twice and he puts on a pretty good show, never had a chance to see RTJ though, would have liked to see them open for Outkast last year, but all my co-workers requested it off first

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Mewithoutyou always put on a great show. If you think Aaron (vocalist) is nuts now, you should have seen them 12 years ago.

I have no good excuses I'm sure they toured California back then, better late than never. I really love the new album it's top 3 with Brother, Sister and CFUTF for me

Just now, Thomas³ said:

I'm hoping to make it to the mwY show Tuesday, since my friend wants to see Say Anything.

I hope you go, ill be curious to hear what they play for your night, it's a different setlist every show

10 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I have no good excuses I'm sure they toured California back then, better late than never. I really love the new album it's top 3 with Brother, Sister and CFUTF for me

I hope you go, ill be curious to hear what they play for your night, it's a different setlist every show

For a good while they posted their setlist every day on their social media... not sure why that stopped. I would look every day and very often I'd find myself thinking "this is the best set they could ever put together." I've tried to come up with a best 18-20 set I'd want to see, but it's too dang hard.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm grabbing Foo from him for cheap. Wish I had the funds for Big Dirty. Hopefully it gets repressed one day. I'm sure it will.

Was Big Dirty on Ferret? I feel like those early ETID albums are gonna be in repress limbo for a long time because some major label owns the ferret catalog now.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Was Big Dirty on Ferret? I feel like those early ETID albums are gonna be in repress limbo for a long time because some major label owns the ferret catalog now.

Yeah...but stranger things have happened. As much as I LOVE that album, it's not a $50+ buy for me.

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm grabbing Foo from him for cheap. Wish I had the funds for Big Dirty. Hopefully it gets repressed one day. I'm sure it will.

Nice! Yeah, one day we'll get some more of those records. And I'm with you on the $50+. I just can't do it except for a few things and none of those ETID are on that list for me.

1 minute ago, llamaface said:

Nice! Yeah, one day we'll get some more of those records. And I'm with you on the $50+. I just can't do it except for a few things and none of those ETID are on that list for me.

There are only a few records that I would drop $50 on, and even though it is my favorite ETID album, and I can see why the price is up there, I just can't do it. I would do $30 at most probably.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

There are only a few records that I would drop $50 on, and even though it is my favorite ETID album, and I can see why the price is up there, I just can't do it. I would do $30 at most probably.

If he (or another seller) was willing to do some nice bundling then I could see myself getting it. Like I could tell myself I overpaid a little for one and got that one cheaper... haha.

29 minutes ago, llamaface said:

For a good while they posted their setlist every day on their social media... not sure why that stopped. I would look every day and very often I'd find myself thinking "this is the best set they could ever put together." I've tried to come up with a best 18-20 set I'd want to see, but it's too dang hard.

They still post their sets on twitter

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic