Yeah, they probably had someone quit or get fired recently so they jumped at an application. I don't mean that in a negative way towards you. I've just worked a lot of shitty jobs and now how those places are.

My job would hire someone asking for an application on the spot if they could, but they have to go through a lot of red tape like interviews and drug tests because it's a large corporation.

3 minutes ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

They need people bad probs, turnover is bad in food. 

Yeah, I wanted to start in two weeks when I am out of school but he asked me to start Thursday because they needed the help. I don't mind working a shitty job, I know I am not above it and am glad to have anything with no work history.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, they probably had someone quit or get fired recently so they jumped at an application. I don't mean that in a negative way towards you. I've just worked a lot of shitty jobs and now how those places are.

My job would hire someone asking for an application on the spot if they could, but they have to go through a lot of red tape like interviews and drug tests because it's a large corporation.

Guy didn't interview me, just spoke to me when I got and dropped off my app as well as on the phone. It's a pretty cool place and the owner seems pretty nice too.

http://www.nicantonis.com/

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Basically this.

We just had to fire someone and someone quit. The person they fired had taken most of the person who quit's shifts.

Just be prepared to possibly be SLAMMED with hours.

Hey, I am trying to fund a car on what will likely be minimum wage. I am all for it. Told the guy I can't take many hours for a few weeks though until class is out.

2 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Yeah, I wanted to start in two weeks when I am out of school but he asked me to start Thursday because they needed the help. I don't mind working a shitty job, I know I am not above it and am glad to have anything with no work history.

Guy didn't interview me, just spoke to me when I got and dropped off my app as well as on the phone. It's a pretty cool place and the owner seems pretty nice too.

http://www.nicantonis.com/

Hey, I am trying to fund a car on what will likely be minimum wage. I am all for it. Told the guy I can't take many hours for a few weeks though until class is out.

That's great then. Work as much as you can, don't be an idiot, and they'll love you.

That's great then. Work as much as you can, don't be an idiot, and they'll love you.

that being said I'll probably end up spending all of my money on pizza and cannolis because damn do they have some good food.

I haven't listened to a Black Sabbath record since I was younger than you.

I bought the last Ozzy era stuff I still needed during the last Hastings sale. It's good shit. Just spinning it now because I have so many fucking records to spin still not having had an amp for a month and that month being my most record buyingest ever.

33 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You'd have to fuck up pretty hard not to get hired at a pizza place when you're 17. I mean no offense, Rez. Congrats on the job. Just know that they see you as cometely disposable. Those places are used to kids in the low ranks coming and going. If you show up, do your shit competently, and don't call out a bunch you're fine.

28 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

No, I was just surprised the guy called me back less than 24 hours later. I do a good job/as well as I can at (almost) anything I do and shouldn't have any trouble

He isn't trying to be a dick or anything. he speaks the truth. Same goes from all your retail chains like Target and the like. Basically anywhere that gives you your first job knows you're going to fuck up, but also doesn't care cause they will replace you with the next jerk off 17yr old. But you get a slot to fill under your work experience, so it's a fair trade.

And I hope you don't have any trouble. It's making pizza, not chemical engineering. <3

39 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You'd have to fuck up pretty hard not to get hired at a pizza place when you're 17. I mean no offense, Rez. Congrats on the job. Just know that they see you as cometely disposable. Those places are used to kids in the low ranks coming and going. If you show up, do your shit competently, and don't call out a bunch you're fine.

33 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

No, I was just surprised the guy called me back less than 24 hours later. I do a good job/as well as I can at (almost) anything I do and shouldn't have any trouble

He isn't trying to be a dick or anything. He speaks the truth. Same goes from all your retail chains like Target and the like. Basically anywhere that gives you your first job knows you're going to fuck up, but also doesn't care cause they will replace you with the next jerk off 17yr old. But you get a slot to fill under your work experience, so it's a fair trade.

And I hope you don't have any trouble. It's making pizza, not chemical engineering. <3

Hey  fuck you, deer. I'm sick of almost hitting you with my car. You owe me a new pair of breaks at this point.

Welcome to the thread. I seriously can't believe that dude was all proud of himself and shit. He just keeps lashing out and digging his hole deeper too.

Sorry about the car, man. We just wanna cross the road.

Took me forever to bring up the courage to post in here with y'all. You all are cool people.

3 minutes ago, deer said:

Sorry about the car, man. We just wanna cross the road.

Took me forever to bring up the courage to post in here with y'all. You all are cool people.

You jumped out in front of my car on New Years at 4am. I ran off the road, totaled my car, and had to walk 5 miles home in the snow cause of you.

But I guess it's cool you're over here in these parts.

(But really, welcome. You seem like a cool person.)

8 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

WRAT CALLED ME BACK AND THE GIVEAWAY WAS FOUR YEARS AGO BUT IT'S POSTMARKED LESS THAN A WEEK AGO WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

The plot thickens...

5 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Dammit this was my picture link

http://photobucket.com/images/cheese-kun%20pizza%20hut%20code%20geass

Pizza Hut Japan made some weird marketing deal to be the official food of Code Geass and the product placement/integrated advertising is notoriously bad. 

Anime marketing cracks me up, I nearly spit my drink out when I saw Dr Pepper in Steins Gate.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic