17 minutes ago, llamaface said:

If he (or another seller) was willing to do some nice bundling then I could see myself getting it. Like I could tell myself I overpaid a little for one and got that one cheaper... haha.

Well, he was selling those Foo for $10 each, and I got him to do both for $16ppd since one was selling for $8 and the other median was $5. So he is open to offers.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Well, he was selling those Foo for $10 each, and I got him to do both for $16ppd since one was selling for $8 and the other median was $5. So he is open to offers.

I'll check back next week. It will be too late, but I'm just telling myself I don't need these things right now. Spent so much lately and I have other things coming up I want to pay for. Good to know, though! Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

There are only a few records that I would drop $50 on, and even though it is my favorite ETID album, and I can see why the price is up there, I just can't do it. I would do $30 at most probably.

I've spent £100 on a couple of records (currently around $145) but that is a rarity. Normally I feel annoyed at paying £20 when the same record is $14 or something.

Just now, lastvaultboy said:

I've spent £100 on a couple of records (currently around $145) but that is a rarity. Normally I feel annoyed at paying £20 when the same record is $14 or something.

I feel you. There are very few records I've spent over $50 for. There are a couple I've spent over $100 for, five I think, all of which were Caspian (and they were the absolute rarest ones at that). And I only spent that cause I variant collect them. If I didn't there would be no point. I'm glad almost everything I want to listen to at least has a cheap version which is fine with me.

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

I feel you. There are very few records I've spent over $50 for. There are a couple I've spent over $100 for, five I think, all of which were Caspian (and they were the absolute rarest ones at that). And I only spent that cause I variant collect them. If I didn't there would be no point. I'm glad almost everything I want to listen to at least has a cheap version which is fine with me.

Generally I console myself in that I've got a bunch of rare 60s/70s/80s stuff that I was picking up when no one was buying at the time so they cost a couple of quid each at most. When I hit the States next I'm going to order a bunch of stuff from everywhere and take it all home - laughing all the way.

What are you after on that Weezer on a side note?

2 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Generally I console myself in that I've got a bunch of rare 60s/70s/80s stuff that I was picking up when no one was buying at the time so they cost a couple of quid each at most. When I hit the States next I'm going to order a bunch of stuff from everywhere and take it all home - laughing all the way.

What are you after on that Weezer on a side note?

I feel you on that. I would love to go to EU some day and just grab all the post rock and post metal I can. And for the Weezer, I was hoping for $95. I know it's steep, but considering they are going for $150 on the bays, and $115 on Discogs, I guess it's reasonable. Normally I wouldn't ask that much, but since I'm moving I kind of can't make a super good deal like I usually do.

3 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Think the most I paid was $75 for a NM 1st pressing of Gun Club "Fire Of Love" on Ruby. I had the reissue and it was a sonic upgrade as well. I also had store credit so it didn't come out of pocket

The most I ever paid was $150 for that hand numbered /25, personalized 3xlp test press of two Caspian albums that come in a wooden box. It hurt, but it's something I never thought I would get.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I feel you on that. I would love to go to EU some day and just grab all the post rock and post metal I can. And for the Weezer, I was hoping for $95. I know it's steep, but considering they are going for $150 on the bays, and $115 on Discogs, I guess it's reasonable. Normally I wouldn't ask that much, but since I'm moving I kind of can't make a super good deal like I usually do.

The most I ever paid was $150 for that hand numbered /25, personalized 3xlp test press of two Caspian albums that come in a wooden box. It hurt, but it's something I never thought I would get.

That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that you had to take, I don't begrudge anyone for spending high amounts of LPs if I had a bigger bank account my threshold would be much higher than it is. All of my records worth over $100 I got for stupid low prices or they appreciated since buying

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that you had to take, I don't begrudge anyone for spending high amounts of LPs if I had a bigger bank account my threshold would be much higher than it is. All of my records worth over $100 I got for stupid low prices or they appreciated since buying

Yeah, I really would have regretted it later if I didn't do it. The thing with it is that since they were personalized I never thought I'd get one, being as they had none left. But for some reason they were able to dig one up, probably from someone not paying. So I had to do it. It's one I never even considered a whale cause it was impossible to get, ya know? Cause why would I want one with someone else's name on it? But low and behold, I got it. And within a month of getting my white whale, and my last regular Caspian record. So the collection is complete, and I topped it off with a test press to celebrate. Can't be too hurt over it, I mean, my wallet might be, but I'll get over it.

4 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, I really would have regretted it later if I didn't do it. The thing with it is that since they were personalized I never thought I'd get one, being as they had none left. But for some reason they were able to dig one up, probably from someone not paying. So I had to do it. It's one I never even considered a whale cause it was impossible to get, ya know? Cause why would I want one with someone else's name on it? But low and behold, I got it. And within a month of getting my white whale, and my last regular Caspian record. So the collection is complete, and I topped it off with a test press to celebrate. Can't be too hurt over it, I mean, my wallet might be, but I'll get over it.

When numbers are /50 or less I basically consider it a loss cause, so I'm sure it was surreal to get one let alone personalized to you. It's only money there is plenty more of it out there but not plenty more wooden boxed test pressings of your favorite band

My friend showed me this yesterday, I didn't even know it existed but I guess it was from RSD this year.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Wizards-Purple-Magic/release/8397103

It's a comedy rap album from the Wizards (Workaholics) on purple vinyl and I guess Burger Records handled it. I'm going to have to have him play it for me sometime, I can't justify buying it myself but I'm so happy it exists

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

My friend showed me this yesterday, I didn't even know it existed but I guess it was from RSD this year.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Wizards-Purple-Magic/release/8397103

It's a comedy rap album from the Wizards (Workaholics) on purple vinyl and I guess Burger Records handled it. I'm going to have to have him play it for me sometime, I can't justify buying it myself but I'm so happy it exists

I picked up a copy on RSD, but I put it back before I checked out. The dude standing there when I put it back on the shelf was actually looking for it, so it worked out nicely :)

43 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm with you. Makes sense to get what you can when you need it. That's going to push it out of my range unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Did y'all see the BB8 Picture disc is up for sale?

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/bb-8-die-cut-picture-disc/

Dumb price but I might get it for the freakin coolness factor

dumb price but with the coolness factor and limited number you can assume that's the least you will ever pay for it probably

37 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

33 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

The most I ever paid for a record was $80 for SDRE - How It Feels To Be Something On. Other than that, it was maybe like $30 for a single. Ipaid paid more for import boxsets, but only once or twice.

Most I spent was $120 to get a sealed copy of Holy Wood and that's the closest I've paid to actual retail. As we've discussed at length, I'm incredibly lucky. Some of my more recent finds were things I'd have been willing to pay a pretty penny for and I just got lucky.

White label promo Antichrist Superstar for $90 (SV OP)

Against Me S/T EP $100 with zine but no poster

Elektra OP of Metallica TBA with a completely beat to shit sleeve and inners for $5

Periphery S/T /50 blue for $60

Buncha Sonic Youth stuff on the cheap including an OP of Experimental Jet Set and NYC Ghosts for ~$20 each

OP tricolor label mono Are You Experienced VG+ for $8

Bunch of EEIWALE stuff I still needed including the IIOI split /100 black for $10ish

13 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Did y'all see the BB8 Picture disc is up for sale?

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/bb-8-die-cut-picture-disc/

Dumb price but I might get it for the freakin coolness factor

Wow at that price, but it's not that much more than I'd expect... unfortunately. I could get 10% off if I buy it at Disney if anyone is interested. I'm going maybe tomorrow and definitely Friday.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic