Time to finish a condo in a week. Luckily it's one I've already done. Just have to clean it up after someone moving out. So basically a lot of painting. And now I realize that installing a over-the-range microwave takes a lot longer than you think. I thought maybe two hours, when it actuality it took 4. But at least I did it right the first time. Haha. Cool thing is that every place I've restored, the first person to view it has rented it. So that's pretty satisfying. 

52 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Time to finish a condo in a week. Luckily it's one I've already done. Just have to clean it up after someone moving out. So basically a lot of painting. And now I realize that installing a over-the-range microwave takes a lot longer than you think. I thought maybe two hours, when it actuality it took 4. But at least I did it right the first time. Haha. Cool thing is that every place I've restored, the first person to view it has rented it. So that's pretty satisfying. 

I bet that is really satisfying, since it means you do good work.

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

Good morning folks 

Morning Brian.

Just now, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

Morning, chumps. I will get on ETID tonight, I swear. 

Hot Damn! was one of the first "heavy" albums I ever bought.

Summer of 04 I did yard work for a neighbor for a week or so and went and bought ETID - HD, Converge - YFM, Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine, and BTBAM - S/T...on fucking CD.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Working a boring job, where you sit all day doing nothing, when you're lacking sleep sucks. Today is dragging, I keep dozing off and am cranky with people when they call in because of it. My Nothing deluxe is sitting at my house now, and it;s about to start storming :(.

Well at least you get to go home to that. I don't think mine has left Ohio yet. That and my Appleseed will be here next week though; birthday treats. 

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

Well at least you get to go home to that. I don't think mine has left Ohio yet. That and my Appleseed will be here next week though; birthday treats. 

I can't wait to give it a spin, and to hear the 2 tracks we have not heard yet. My Appleseed Cast should be here next week too. Be nice birthday treats if they show up on your birthday. 2 amazing records.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I can't wait to give it a spin, and to hear the 2 tracks we have not heard yet. My Appleseed Cast should be here next week too. Be nice birthday treats if they show up on your birthday. 2 amazing records.

Yeah, I'm really stoked for those bonus tracks. Wonder when my VF version will ship. And I think Appleseed gets here Tuesday. Nothing should be here by Wednesday since it's only coming from Ohio. 

Currently breaking in a shirt by letting it soak in a salt brine for 3 days. I feel weird wearing a Black Flag shirt that is brand new. Just feels... off. 

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, I'm really stoked for those bonus tracks. Wonder when my VF version will ship. And I think Appleseed gets here Tuesday. Nothing should be here by Wednesday since it's only coming from Ohio. 

If the digital download is up, I'll send them to you... I think it comes with one anyway. I can't wait to see people VF editions, the splatter looks awesome, and I bet the paint splattered jackets will just add to it.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

If the digital download is up, I'll send them to you... I think it comes with one anyway. I can't wait to see people VF editions, the splatter looks awesome, and I bet the paint splattered jackets will just add to it.

Sounds good, cause I don't want to bother with a picture disc honestly. And it would be odd if the deluxe tracks weren't included in the download. Hope they do cause if not someone is going to have to rip them off a picture disc; yuck. Hopefully mine comes with one cause one dude got his in and it didn't have it, which was odd. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Sounds good, cause I don't want to bother with a picture disc honestly. And it would be odd if the deluxe tracks weren't included in the download. Hope they do cause if not someone is going to have to rip them off a picture disc; yuck. Hopefully mine comes with one cause one dude got his in and it didn't have it, which was odd. 

They are on their bandcamp page, so hopefully that means they are part of the download. I'd rather re-buy it as a digital download, then hear a picture disc rip of them. I'll probably spin it today, and that's it, unless somehow it is a really well done one (which is incredibly rare).

https://wearenothing.bandcamp.com/album/tired-of-tomorrow-deluxe-version

10 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Currently breaking in a shirt by letting it soak in a salt brine for 3 days. I feel weird wearing a Black Flag shirt that is brand new. Just feels... off. 

I wore my "Verizon Wireless" Black Flag shirt and some frat boy looking motherfucker yelled "Yo, sick Black Flag shirt bruh!" at me in public.

14 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

That seems like a huge hassle. Does it work well? I usually just wash a shirt and wear it. The first time does feel sorta uncomfortable sometimes though.

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That seems like a huge hassle. Does it work well? I usually just wash a shirt and wear it. The first time does feel sorta uncomfortable sometimes though.

Not really a hassle. You just do 4 quarts water with one cup salt in a bucket or whatever. Let it sit there for three days. Then tumble on heavy. Boom. I might remove some of the stitching to loosen it up too. It'll make it feel nice and soft, like it's 20 years old. Since it's a $10 it's pretty stiff and uncomfortable, but this'll change that. Fades it a bit too which is nice. I'll shoe you a before and after. 

Also, I got the most punk dad hat ever:

blackhat.jpg?fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

55 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I wore my "Verizon Wireless" Black Flag shirt and some frat boy looking motherfucker yelled "Yo, sick Black Flag shirt bruh!" at me in public.

The only time anyone said anything to me about my Black Flag shirt was at an IKEA in Seattle. He was in his 50s. We ended up talking in the parking lot for like 20 minutes cause he used to see them live in LA back in the day. It was awesome. He was like "you're wearing a Black Flag shirt?". I was like "yeah? Why?". He was surprised I liked them cause i was half his age. I shower him my Black Flag tattoo and that sparked the conversation; cool dude. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic