2 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Jeez what is wrong with you?! haha

Woke up, tried to go back to sleep to no avail. Wanted coffee, was disgusted the kitchen sink was full of dirty dishes, so the dishwasher got loaded and the counters got wiped down while the coffee brewed... Now to annoy the shit out of the noise monster living above me by blasting Self Defense Family 

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

It's kinda shady how microsoft is automatically upgrading to Windows 10 if you're on 7 or 8. I had to roll back my parents last night, and I'm getting a ton of calls since our site here does not work (well) with the edge browser yet.

I've really been curious about moving up to 10, is it that bad T?

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Woke up, tried to go back to sleep to no avail. Wanted coffee, was disgusted the kitchen sink was full of dirty dishes, so the dishwasher got loaded and the counters got wiped down while the coffee brewed... Now to annoy the shit out of the noise monster living above me by blasting Self Defense Family 

Ha nice, sounds like a good productive start to the day. That happens to me every so often. Loud people live above you as well?

It's kinda shady how microsoft is automatically upgrading to Windows 10 if you're on 7 or 8. I had to roll back my parents last night, and I'm getting a ton of calls since our site here does not work (well) with the edge browser yet.

Why is Microsoft doing that?

1 minute ago, texan4life said:

Ha nice, sounds like a good productive start to the day. That happens to me every so often. Loud people live above you as well?

I wish I could say it was neighbors, but it's one single person. An older lady who has lived here longer than my mother, who has been here nearly 18 years herself. The subflooring nails have come loose and you can hear the boards squeaking baldy when she walks in part of the apartment. By the sound of it, you'd think she weighed 600lbs, but she's this tiny little lady. She has some preoccupation with vacuuming as well...every single day!!!!

I use 10 at home, and it's not bad, just takes some getting used to. It's worth the free upgrade, since it is a bit faster (though I have a SSD now, so might be the main reason I notice more speed). You have 30 days to revert back if you don't like it.

As to why they are doing it, not a clue really. They want as many people to move to 10 as possible, so they slipped in the upgrade to that icon that tells you about it. Whenever they put out a new OS, they try to focus on it, and don't want to make security updates and things for their older versions, but they do if a lot of people still use it. It's still shady as hell to do it automatically. You can cancel it, but only if you know before it's upgrading (which it does not tell you).

Edited by Thomas³

Ashamed as I am, I still run Vista on my home comp because I'm cheap and will use a computer until it blows up and sits smoking in the corner. However, I do know 10 runs on the same platform Vista does, and I have plenty big enough hard drives to convert, but have been gun shy about it. My ex wasn't interested in upgrading her laptop which has 7 on it, so I have a valid serial to use if I do chose to go for it. Just wondering if I can expect any huge snags moving up 3 OS's at once. 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Ashamed as I am, I still run Vista on my home comp because I'm cheap and will use a computer until it blows up and sits smoking in the corner. However, I do know 10 runs on the same platform Vista does, and I have plenty big enough hard drives to convert, but have been gun shy about it. My ex wasn't interested in upgrading her laptop which has 7 on it, so I have a valid serial to use if I do chose to go for it. Just wondering if I can expect any huge snags moving up 3 OS's at once. 

There is not a seamless upgrade from Vista to 10, like there is with 7/8. You'd have to do a clean install of 7 to get the free upgrade.

Edited by Thomas³

There is not a seamless upgrade from Vista to 10, like there is with 7/8. You'd have to do a clean install of 7 to get the free upgrade.

Gotcha. Not impossible, but not an investment of time I want to make right now as long as my comp is fine the way it is. Plenty of space, plenty of speed, no real complaints. Not bad for a tower someone left beside the dumpster at my old apartments lol. Perfectly good working Dell that had Hannah Montana songs loaded in the iTunes on it when I plugged it in, be jealous ;)

16 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Gotcha. Not impossible, but not an investment of time I want to make right now as long as my comp is fine the way it is. Plenty of space, plenty of speed, no real complaints. Not bad for a tower someone left beside the dumpster at my old apartments lol. Perfectly good working Dell that had Hannah Montana songs loaded in the iTunes on it when I plugged it in, be jealous ;)

uh-huh "pre-loaded"......sure they were

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Solid morning.

My horrible neighbors were having a party/occasional screaming argument on the stoop last night so I blasted Thou so loud the feedback knocked something off a shelf.

Also just this second found out someone duped my girlfriend's bank card and spent $200 at pier 1 and another $200 at Kmart.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Solid morning.

My horrible neighbors were having a party/occasional screaming argument on the stoop last night so I blasted Thou so loud the feedback knocked something off a shelf.

Also just this second found out someone duped my girlfriend's bank card and spent $200 at pier 1 and another $200 at Kmart.

Shitty. I'm sure the bank will take care of it, but the time and annoyance suck.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Solid morning.

That is some bullshit. Just had this fraud convo with Taco Lord yesterday. Went through it myself once when someone hacked my PayPal and drained my linked bank account. I'm finally getting off my ass today and dragging out every piece of Kozelek vinyl I have for a picture cause i'm sick of being jealous of Matt's nice collection picture lol

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Shitty. I'm sure the bank will take care of it, but the time and annoyance suck.

Just now found out they were online orders, both pending. Kmart order just won't ship and the police will be at pier 1 waiting for them to try to pick up their order.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just now found out they were online orders, both pending. Kmart order just won't ship and the police will be at pier 1 waiting for them to try to pick up their order.

Nice. They were dumb enough to do pick up in store? Wow. You gotta get that shit shipped to an abandoned house or something, and scope it out for cops once it's delivered.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

At least something good is going to happen today! Well, not so good for them lol. How's the mouth feeling? Sore I'm sure, but much relief from the problem being gone?

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

we cant do anything when the charge is pending, as it may drop off (go away) or it was process to the account (charge the account) and if it does charge to the account, obviously you will be taking care of due to fraud, but its just a sucky process.

Does anyone have any extra copies of SDF Try me, Heaven Is Earth, Superior and The Power Does Not Work? (Been dig this stuff lately)

21 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

we cant do anything when the charge is pending, as it may drop off (go away) or it was process to the account (charge the account) and if it does charge to the account, obviously you will be taking care of due to fraud, but its just a sucky process.

Does anyone have any extra copies of SDF Try me, Heaven Is Earth, Superior and The Power Does Not Work? (Been dig this stuff lately)

Yeah, she contacted the stores directly after cancelling her card.

I have extra copies of Try Me and Heaven is Earth...not quite sure I want to part with them but also not sure I want to keep them. Deathwish has copies of all of them in stock though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic