51 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good morning all, enjoy your weekend. I got a birthday party/house show tonight it should be a lot of fun, one of my close friends birthday and his band(s) and some of our other friends are playing sets. booze, food, weed, should be a blast

Morning, sounds like an awesome time!

Got a busy day and finishing the day off with my first country concert tonight 

Edited by KingTacoMunster

2 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Chris Stapleton (real country, not that bullshit Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, etc)

Don't think I've ever listened but you enjoy sir. I have a pretty short list of country I like Hank Williams, Hank 3 (talent skipped a generation), Shooter Jennings, Johnny Cash, Dwight Yoakam, Marty Robbins, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, and Loretta Lynn. There's probably more but those are artists I would or do own on vinyl

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Don't think I've ever listened but you enjoy sir. I have a pretty short list of country I like Hank Williams, Hank 3 (talent skipped a generation), Shooter Jennings, Johnny Cash, Dwight Yoakam, Marty Robbins, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, and Loretta Lynn. There's probably more but those are artists I would or do own on vinyl

I back all of them. There arent many in the current country I dig but the 3 I do currently are Stapleton, Jason Isbell and Sturgill Simpson. Check out Chris if you get a chance. So much feeling on the album with only a couple of fillers. He actually wrote a bunch of big hits for other country singers before doing his solo stuff 

2 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I back all of them. There arent many in the current country I dig but the 3 I do currently are Stapleton, Jason Isbell and Sturgill Simpson. Check out Chris if you get a chance. So much feeling on the album with only a couple of fillers. He actually wrote a bunch of big hits for other country singers before doing his solo stuff 

for sure thanks I will, I have heard Jason Isbell and enjoyed it and I've been meaning to check out Sturgill Simpson

8 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good morning all, enjoy your weekend. I got a birthday party/house show tonight it should be a lot of fun, one of my close friends birthday and his band(s) and some of our other friends are playing sets. booze, food, weed, should be a blast

Sounds like a real blast. Have fun. 

7 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Chris Stapleton (real country, not that bullshit Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, etc)

Amen. 

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

My turntable is still in the shop, so there goes my plans for the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear that, really blows dude. 

Im headed to Houston with the gf right now, Lumineers tonight and Astros v Rangers tomorrow. Sunday aternoon baseball is so enjoyable. 

2 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Sounds like a real blast. Have fun. 

Amen. 

I'm sorry to hear that, really blows dude. 

Im headed to Houston with the gf right now, Lumineers tonight and Astros v Rangers tomorrow. Sunday aternoon baseball is so enjoyable. 

you enjoy that, the Giants/Cubs game is being televised on Fox tonight so I'm going to watch a few innings before the party

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. It might be another week they said since they are really busy. I need a back-up table, just in case. Might grab a cheap technics p-mount off ebay.

I have a Technics SL-D2 I keep as a back up. I used it for many years and never gave me a single issue. Now it sits on a shelf in the closet.  Very solid turntable for under $100, and as far as reliability goes, you can't beat a direct drive Technics. Keep your eyes peeled for one.

51 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I have a Technics SL-D2 I keep as a back up. I used it for many years and never gave me a single issue. Now it sits on a shelf in the closet.  Very solid turntable for under $100, and as far as reliability goes, you can't beat a direct drive Technics. Keep your eyes peeled for one.

I do like the look of those tables, but they seem to be going up in price a lot lately.

1 hour ago, chkadea said:

Evening beautiful people!

Today was a city-wide garage sale, and as I'm sure you could have guessed, I obviously found the most prized possession.

@The Ghost of Randy Savage, channeled you today

image.jpg

oooooh yeeeeeeah!

Also, I'm making fried clam strips out of razor clams my office manager dug for me.

clam_digger0007_205.png

73EA6B5937F47C13393C4F1ED858F6171F0933B6

2 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Neurosis box came today but I have wor . RIP :c

Dude, I go whole weeks without being able to listen to new single LPs I get.

So I'm spinning Turn on the Bright Lights right now and experiencing the weirdest nostalgia. When I was 15ish I listened to this album every day on the bus to school for like 3+ months. It was winter and I would be half asleep with my face against the cold window the whole time, occasionally opening my eyes so I wouldn't completely fall asleep. I can still feel where I used to be at specific parts of this album and it's weird.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic