4 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

gooooooooooooooooooooooood morning.

Hurray for cutting out nicotine. I am 4 days of no caffeine and struggling.

No caffeine would be terrible. It does nothing to me, but I know if I stopped drinking tea/pop, I'd get withdrawal symptoms.

Nicotine withdrawal sucks, but it'll hopefully lead to much better things when it passes (hopefully soon).

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

No caffeine would be terrible. It does nothing to me, but I know if I stopped drinking tea/pop, I'd get withdrawal symptoms.

Nicotine withdrawal sucks, but it'll hopefully lead to much better things when it passes (hopefully soon).

I've come to find that I'm hopelessly addicted to sugar, and I suffer if I don't have a soda every day...really hoping I can break that habit before my adolescent metabolism starts failing me :/

More power to you for dropping nicotine, though. We all support ya.

15 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I've come to find that I'm hopelessly addicted to sugar, and I suffer if I don't have a soda every day...really hoping I can break that habit before my adolescent metabolism starts failing me :/

Wait, like one soda? Dude, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok if you drink one soda a day now until you're 100. Unless you're counting like a 64oz jug as "one soda"

18 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I wouldn't worry about 1. I drink like 2-3 cans a day, and sometimes more on the weekends when I'm not working.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wait, like one soda? Dude, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok if you drink one soda a day now until you're 100. Unless you're counting like a 64oz jug as "one soda"

Hey, technically it is. The same way a 2 liter is also one.

Edit: I have no clue what to do on my breaks now. Last week I had that shitty little e-cig I'd hit once or twice, but now nothing. I guess just sit at my desk and do what I normally do, but not queued in.

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

At least one soda and a bunch of sugar-based stuff like candy, but I've been trying to cut down. 

1 minute ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I usually average 3-4 cans of coca-cola, plus a 20oz bottle per day. (it's unlimited/free at work.. and water is just so boring!)

From that to 0 is not fun so far.

Agreed, water is too boring. I've been trying to drink more of it though, since I'm essentially walking around half dehydrated all day from all the pop.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

This is the most harmless vice I can think of, I wouldn't worry too much or really at all. Maybe try to cut down on candy eventually depending on how much you eat.

This is reassuring. It's probably just public schools telling me "sugar addiction is worse than drug addiction" getting to my head. Never really believed it, but they really try to reinforce the idea that, quote, "sugar is the worst thing you can put in your body".

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

This is reassuring. It's probably just public schools telling me "sugar addiction is worse than drug addiction" getting to my head. Never really believed it, but they really try to reinforce the idea that, quote, "sugar is the worst thing you can put in your body".

Meth, Crack and Heroin are all worse things you can put in your body, sport.

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

It's not great, but it's better than drugs for sure. Sugar can obviously lead to obesity and diabetes, but if you're active I doubt you have much to worry about.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Make some infused water. Right now I've got melon/mint/cucumber and lemon/cilantro/cucumber in my fridge.

Sounds tasty. Do you just let it sit in a pitcher in the fridge with everything in it?

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

It's not great, but it's better than drugs for sure. Sugar can obviously lead to obesity and diabetes, but if you're active I doubt you have much to worry about.

Sounds tasty. Do you just let it sit in a pitcher in the fridge with everything in it?

Yeah, we've got two pitchers with infusing filters so you don't get too much stuff in the water when you go to drink it. We also just use mason jars sometimes.

Don't stop now Thomas. It's tough to get through but you will feel so much better after you've been off butts for a little while.

I quit nearly 16 years ago and never looked back. Everything tastes better too!

Not to mention the $10/pack you save!  Put your cig $$$ in a jar somewhere for 3 months or so and then go buy yourself a nice piece of gear!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic