4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Precisely the substances that came to mind when I rolled my eyes at my psych teacher 

Like, sugar addiction is real and CAN lead to things like diabetes/obesity but you'd need to consume WAY more than what you do...for years and years and years...and never get off the couch.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, we've got two pitchers with infusing filters so you don't get too much stuff in the water when you go to drink it. We also just use mason jars sometimes.

I'll have to give it a go then. I have to buy a pitcher, since mine seems to have disappeared (tried to make iced tea and couldn't find it). The lemon/cilantro/cucumber one sounds really good. I love melon, but it makes my mouth itch, so I doubt I should make that other one. I assume any fruit/vegetable/herbs work too.

6 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Don't stop now Thomas. It's tough to get through but you will feel so much better after you've been off butts for a little while.

I quit nearly 16 years ago and never looked back. Everything tastes better too!

Not to mention the $10/pack you save!  Put your cig $$$ in a jar somewhere for 3 months or so and then go buy yourself a nice piece of gear!

The extra money will be nice for sure. Tasting everything again will be awesome too.

Edited by Thomas³

39 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I'm going to order one of the pitchers with the infusers. This seems much more enjoyable.

So much more enjoyable than plain water.

I use combinations of lemon, lime, orange, ginger, mint, basil, cilantro, celery, berries, various melons and it's fun to experiment with different things/combos.

Lemon and cilantro is my go to.

1 minute ago, texan4life said:

The FDA announced added sugar will be required on food labels now; this is great, since there is so much sugar added to food these days.

There's definitely too much sugar in the shit we eat. It's still crazy that they've got a teenage kid worried because he drinks a can of soda. Back in my day they just tried to scare us away from having sex and doing drugs. Both of which I recommend much more highly than sugar.

If you are aware and moderate what you put in your body you do/eat whatever you want for the most part.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

There's definitely too much sugar in the shit we eat. It's still crazy that they've got a teenage kid worried because he drinks a can of soda. Back in my day they just tried to scare us away from having sex and doing drugs. Both of which I recommend much more highly than sugar.

If you are aware and moderate what you put in your body you do/eat whatever you want for the most part.

Yep, moderation is key. Back in the day people were stupid but sugar is definitely worse than sex and drugs(depending on the drugs of course) IMO

3 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

At least one soda and a bunch of sugar-based stuff like candy, but I've been trying to cut down. 

2 hours ago, texan4life said:

Yep, moderation is key. Back in the day people were stupid but sugar is definitely worse than sex and drugs(depending on the drugs of course) IMO

I totally need to cut back too. Few sodas a day+other sweets+I just generally eat like shit. I've never really had any vegetable stuff that I really like much though so most of my intake of anything at all healthy is through soups/chili or something.

18 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

anyone ever heard of the 23andme DNA testing stuff?

daddy just got it done.

Never heard of it, so naturally I went to their website and watched a video of a couple who did it. 

Can't say I ever want a first date to tell me that they can or can not smell asparagus after they pee, but maybe that's just me?

Just now, Issei Hyoudou said:

I totally need to cut back too. Few sodas a day+other sweets+I just generally eat like shit. I've never really had any vegetable stuff that I really like much though so most of my intake of anything at all healthy is through soups/chili or something.

And soups are loaded with sodium unless they're homemade.  Daily I eat egg whites and oatmeal, chicken and rice  for 3 meals and a protein shake but that's extreme and I'm trying to get a six pack over here.  :)

Just now, texan4life said:

And soups are loaded with sodium unless they're homemade.  Daily I eat egg whites and oatmeal, chicken and rice  for 3 meals and a protein shake but that's extreme and I'm trying to get a six pack over here.  :)

I don't give a shit about being crazy fit, just not in shitty health. I am alright now because I am 16 and have the metabolism Dom was referring to (6ft tall and ~155lbs) but in a few years I'll totally be SOL.

20 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I've wanted to do it ever since I heard about it. Interesting stuff.

since i didnt know half of my heritage, it was pretty awesome.

13 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Never heard of it, so naturally I went to their website and watched a video of a couple who did it. 

Can't say I ever want a first date to tell me that they can or can not smell asparagus after they pee, but maybe that's just me?

there are so many other little things it told me that were interesting.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic