23 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My girlfriend is buying me another pair of leather boots for my birthday and texted me like "Sorry to ruin the surprise but I've been researching for hours and it's god damn impossible to find good boots for you"

I had to eat noodles for a week because anything cheap was ugly as hell so I had to settle with a pair of red wings.

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

don't be all mysterious what are you getting?

don't be all mysterious what are you getting?

Triple quote? Fuck the new site. I'm trading my black tape copy of All Our Songs for an OG Dog Problems. 

don't be all mysterious what are you getting

On 10/22/2016 at 2:18 PM, Thomas³ said:

It doesn't look like the codes they pulled for my check engine light are going to be cheap :(. O2 sensor, knock sensor and Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid. The clunking in the front end is just bad sway bar links, which I can replace myself.

Bummer :( Hope it's cheaper than you're expecting. As far as I know, O2 sensor can be overlooked, can't it? I had my catalytic converter cut off my truck a few years back, and after throwing on an after-market one, my check engine light has remained on for the same issue, with no problems. 

3 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Bummer :( Hope it's cheaper than you're expecting. As far as I know, O2 sensor can be overlooked, can't it? I had my catalytic converter cut off my truck a few years back, and after throwing on an after-market one, my check engine light has remained on for the same issue, with no problems. 

Depends on which O2 sensor is failing, but It can cause the engine timing to be thrown off, bad gas mileage, and he could burn through the catalytic converter. 

29 minutes ago, chkadea said:

We have something called e-check in my county, where you have to pass emissions inspections every 2 years. It is an automatic failure having the check engine light on. It sucks, since there are only 5 counties left in Ohio that still does that bullshit.

24 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

Depends on which O2 sensor is failing, but It can cause the engine timing to be thrown off, bad gas mileage, and he could burn through the catalytic converter. 

It's the upstream one. Shit is like $250 for the sensor alone in my car :(. 

At least the sway bar links are only $30/each, and are easy to replace. They wanted to charge me $185 to do them.

Edited by Thomas³

40 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Check Engine light is an automatic fail here too.

With my luck my O2 sensor will set of the CE light tomorrow on my way to get my inspection.

I got super lucky this year. I was out and noticed my light was off, so I figured why not get an inspection. I got stuck in line at the inspection place for 45 minutes and was worried it'd turn back on. Thankfully I passed, and the light turned back on as I was driving out of the bay.

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

We have something called e-check in my county, where you have to pass emissions inspections every 2 years. It is an automatic failure having the check engine light on. It sucks, since there are only 5 counties left in Ohio that still does that bullshit.

It's the upstream one. Shit is like $250 for the sensor alone in my car :(. 

At least the sway bar links are only $30/each, and are easy to replace. They wanted to charge me $185 to do them.

What car do you have again? Even on my BMW, they're not that expensive. last time I needed one I found out I could buy the same O2 sensor with a connector made for a Ford van for only $30 instead of $100. I bought that one and ended up soldering the old connector onto the new sensor and it worked out perfectly.

1 minute ago, Youinreverse said:

What car do you have again? Even on my BMW, they're not that expensive. last time I needed one I found out I could buy the same O2 sensor with a connector made for a Ford van for only $30 instead of $100. I bought that one and ended up soldering the old connector onto the new sensor and it worked out perfectly.

04 Acura RSX. Never thought of looking into using another one, but I will for sure.

such an influx of new crappy sellers I wish it was like the steve hoffman forums where there was a post minimum and you had to be a member for x amount of time to access the classifieds section it would cut down on the dumbasses/flippers and people trying to rip off members like that dude who sold Rez the TMR box and sent him a korn collectable instead

25 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

such an influx of new crappy sellers I wish it was like the steve hoffman forums where there was a post minimum and you had to be a member for x amount of time to access the classifieds section it would cut down on the dumbasses/flippers and people trying to rip off members like that dude who sold Rez the TMR box and sent him a korn collectable instead

Rez got his money back though, right? Because that was hilarious, but I'd feel bad being so amused if he didn't get his money back 

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Rez got his money back though, right? Because that was hilarious, but I'd feel bad being so amused if he didn't get his money back 

he totally did, but still a headache

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

he totally did, but still a headache

1 minute ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

My copy of All Our Songs is the only black copy that is accounted for. There are 24 others but nobody knows where they are. 

well from a rarity stand point you might not have came out ahead, but from a fidelity and possibly value stand point I think you did

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic