4 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Doing that was a ton cheaper than exploratory surgery to figure out what was wrong with the car. Ah..... the good ole days.

They did away with them some number of years ago here as well, but I remember when my father did them as a service at his garage and how he said time and time again that it was more of a hassle to have to argue with people over why he couldn't pass their cars because of cracked glass and other small issues, so he was quite happy when they did away with it.

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

They did away with them some number of years ago here as well, but I remember when my father did them as a service at his garage and how he said time and time again that it was more of a hassle to have to argue with people over why he couldn't pass their cars because of cracked glass and other small issues, so he was quite happy when they did away with it.

We only have emissions, not safety, so thankfully my car wouldn't fail for stuff like that. They almost got rid of it 2 years ago, but our air quality is still shit, so they extended it for 5-10 more year before they try to get rid of it again. It's just annoying only 7 counties in the state have it still. At least the test is free once every 2 years. Not sure what it costs if you fail and have to get retested.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

We only have emissions, not safety, so thankfully my car wouldn't fail for stuff like that. They almost got rid of it 2 years ago, but our air quality is still shit, so they extended it for 5-10 more year before they try to get rid of it again. It's just annoying only 7 counties in the state have it still. At least the test is free once every 2 years. Not sure what it costs if you fail and have to get retested.

Sucks to have to dump money on emissions work for the car and also have to kick out for a secondary test too. And in only 7 counties as well, that just seems like robbery. If the air is that bad, it's not isolated to 7 places in particular so it should be a state wide requirement 

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Hello All, hope everyone is doing good...

anyone going shopping on "RSB Black Friday"? I need that conor oberst 7, and im not my only store will not get it. Anyone willing to help me out would be much appreciated!

if you can stomach the wait, I get black friday shit at cost at the end of the day any small talkers can pm me and arrange that just don't ask me for something high demand like death grips cause it will be gone

Hey, guys who play guitar, what gauge strings would you put on a 25.5" scale length guitar if I want to set it up to usually stay in D standard but be able to go a step in either direction? Do you think 12s would be too much? I have 12s on my 24.5" and that's fine but was worried the extra tension might make it too hard to play.

30 minutes ago, Holo said:

Hey, guys who play guitar, what gauge strings would you put on a 25.5" scale length guitar if I want to set it up to usually stay in D standard but be able to go a step in either direction? Do you think 12s would be too much? I have 12s on my 24.5" and that's fine but was worried the extra tension might make it too hard to play.

just put some ernie ball super slinky on that thang

Well, I got drunk, went to see ETID, survived the Richmond hardcore pit, and then got really drunk at the bar next door. I was running into people I haven't seen in 8 years. Then I came home and made a shit ton of Korean ramen . The end. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

11 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Well, I got drunk, went to see ETID, survived the Richmond hardcore pit, and then got really drunk at the bar next door. I was running into people I haven't seen in 8 years. Including a girl who made out with me at an MGMT show. Haha. Then I came home and made a shit ton of Korean ramen . The end. 

Sounds like a good night to me. I went to bed at like 9, so I'm totally not jealous.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, Holo said:

12s should work fine. I used to use 13s but was playing in drop B back in the day. 

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

12s should work fine. I used to use 13s but was playing in drop B back in the day. 

Yeah, I *might* go to drop B but that would be a once in a blue moon thing. Staying in D mostly, possibly going to C for when I need some Black Dahlia in my life, and maybe tuning to E or Eb if I need to. This isn't my "main" guitar.

2 hours ago, Holo said:

9s? I play with a pick that's like 1.3mm. I'd shred those. It's between the Beefy Slinky, Not Even Slinky, and Power Slinky.

loosen them fingers up mang. if I cant bend the pick a little, then its too thick...need some bend to make that thang talk some dookie

Edited by KingTacoMunster

6 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

loosen them fingers up mang. if I cant bend the pick a little, than its too thing. need some bend to make that thang talk some dookie

did you have a stroke? <3

I don't have a problem with the 12s I have on a 24.5" scale length, but I was unsure what to do with a combination of down tuning a whole step or two whole steps and having another inch between the nut and bridge.

3 minutes ago, Holo said:

did you have a stroke? <3

I don't have a problem with the 12s I have on a 24.5" scale length, but I was unsure what to do with a combination of down tuning a whole step or two whole steps and having another inch between the nut and bridge.

haha, I was trying to multi task, but obviously my sentence didn't make sense...proof read people!

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

haha, I was trying to multi task, but obviously my sentence didn't make sense...proof read people!

I gotcha, I was just giving you a hard time. I probably should have just texted Butcha because he is probably the most knowledgeable about this stuff since he used to play. Totally spaced and forgot

16 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

After stupidly selling off my Appleseed Cast collection last year, I now have them all again. Best part, didn't have to shell out a ton!

Get Ring Wars off the dude offloading his collection? He was awesome to work with. Waiting for the last of the money to clear my PayPal so I can send it his way @jimmythescumbag

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Damn, I didn't even notice he had that or I'd had made an offer on it too :(. Lucky Rez.

Been looking for it almost since I started collecting a few years back. My studio album discog of theirs is now complete. I snagged Frances for 60PPD and an OG Eye of Every Storm for 20PPD. Fucking hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyped.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic