Morning all

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. It stormed like crazy here last night due to a cold front moving in, and now it's quite a bit cooler today. Storms kept waking me up too, damn loud thunder. I do love a good storm, when I can enjoy it.

Looks like that cold front will be pushing through here in the next few days. It was in the low 80's yesterday,  believe me, the sun burn on my head and neck from pruning two trees tells me so. But the weather guy was saying we will have lows in the mid 40's this coming week so that should make for some nice mornings to go walking. 

Edit: Where's my invite to this " whatsapp group" ?

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all

Looks like that cold front will be pushing through here in the next few days. It was in the low 80's yesterday,  believe me, the sun burn on my head and neck from pruning two trees tells me so. But the weather guy was saying we will have lows in the mid 40's this coming week so that should make for some nice mornings to go walking. 

was 80 yesterday here in Philly as well... something I do not want in October.

40s sounds pretty great.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Did you see this Jason? I'm not sure what you're missing in your Kozelek collection.

I will have to message him to see what color Benji that is he has. Only missing two variants of it now. I realized a few days ago I have more than I am missing now, so the scales are finally tilting in my favor. Take that into account with the fact I've had to buy 7 new pieces this year alone to keep up with new output so I hardly get time to shuffle money back to pick up older pieces :( . Thanks for the lookin' out duder!!!!

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

Just now, Thomas³ said:

No problem. That's quite the expensive collection to have, not sure how you do it.

A good chunk of it I was lucky enough to buy as they came out and before these flipper dickheads wanted to charge a c note each or more for them. Then there's the "well if I sell this thing I have sitting around no longer being used, I can use that money to fund a buy" strategy. A lot of times there's the "you know, I could sell that whole pile and just have the cash, but then I would hate myself for it" mind state lol. I'm sure my method is really no different than all the rest of you guy's lol

12 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

A good chunk of it I was lucky enough to buy as they came out and before these flipper dickheads wanted to charge a c note each or more for them. Then there's the "well if I sell this thing I have sitting around no longer being used, I can use that money to fund a buy" strategy. A lot of times there's the "you know, I could sell that whole pile and just have the cash, but then I would hate myself for it" mind state lol. I'm sure my method is really no different than all the rest of you guy's lol

That's good, but he still puts out a ton of stuff, which I'm sure is not cheap.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

That's good, but he still puts out a ton of stuff, which I'm sure is not cheap.

Indeed. He holds the vast majority of value in my collection for sure. He certainly doesn't make it an easy task to obtain it either even when it's first available. I sometimes wonder why I had to stumble across him in that promo drawer when working at that record shop in '97 lol. It was trouble in the making :) 

Just now, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Indeed. He holds the vast majority of value in my collection for sure. He certainly doesn't make it an easy task to obtain it either even when it's first available. I sometimes wonder why I had to stumble across him in that promo drawer when working at that record shop in '97 lol. It was trouble in the making :) 

Hey, sometimes it's worth it. You can't really help who your favorite artist is. Thankfully I've never cared to be a variant collector, so I don't have to deal with it. I'm glad to just own a copy of something. At least you didn't get into him really late, and had to track down all the variants at the aftermarket prices.

Hey, sometimes it's worth it. You can't really help who your favorite artist is. Thankfully I've never cared to be a variant collector, so I don't have to deal with it. I'm glad to just own a copy of something. At least you didn't get into him really late, and had to track down all the variants at the aftermarket prices.

Very true. And I was lucky enough to catch Red House Painters on their very last tour, so I always have that to carry around as a proud moment. Well before he sank into his abusive jerk off phase lol

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:
  • The fuck's a whatsapp?
  • Nerds.

I'm young and I'm not even sure. 

Just now, Thomas³ said:

Very rarely care about variants which is a blessing for sure. I have tracked down a few OPs but that's a little different 

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I'm only an opportunist variant collector, I won't pass up a deal but I can't spend a serious chunk on a record I already own unless its a superior sounding mix or has alternate tracks or something

My only duplicate, is a repress with bonus tracks. I'd normally sell my other copy, but it's like the second record I ever bought so I am hesitant on selling it.

Edited by Thomas³

My only duplicate, is a repress with bonus tracks. I'd normally sell my other copy, but it's like the second record I ever bought so am hesitant on it.

those colored remasters of the Neko Case catalog smoke the originals, but I have trouble parting with them cause it was such a moment of pride to get them all. I've sold off most of my other variants except some Dylan and a couple things I have test pressings and regular copies of

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Thankfully I've never cared to be a variant collector, so I don't have to deal with it. 

Luckily he is the only artist I variant collect for and his two highest variants only go up to 6, so at least it's not like I'm chasing down 17 copies of Jane Doe like the Converge collectors  are doing. I can't imagine needing an entire cabinet just for one artist...

6 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

those colored remasters of the Neko Case catalog smoke the originals, but I have trouble parting with them cause it was such a moment of pride to get them all. I've sold off most of my other variants except some Dylan and a couple things I have test pressings and regular copies of

I need to pick up those represses.

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Luckily he is the only artist I variant collect for and his two highest variants only go up to 6, so at least it's not like I'm chasing down 17 copies of Jane Doe like the Converge collectors  are doing. I can't imagine needing an entire cabinet just for one artist...

That's true. Anyone who collects any band on No Idea! is insane. They press like 100 new variants a week.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That's true. Anyone who collects any band on No Idea! is insane. They press like 100 new variants a week.

The RSD of Fox Confessor is the only one that isn't available anymore, but I think black copies were either just released or coming soon

I had a friend who wanted to variant collect Against Me! then they found out how many copies of reinventing axl rose exist but not before buying 4 or 5 copies first

15 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Same but I can think of more than one reason they'd opt not to include me so rationally I can't complain. 

You'll understand when you're older.

8 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Converge collectors all fighting over the stuff that's like /3... pls no. So glad I don't variant collect

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

and fifty of the fuckers are /1 or something absurd.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic