Just now, Thomas³ said:

Because it's a chore you are required to do as a kid, but as an adult it's actually pretty enjoyable. Nice light exercise, and it's cool to see what you do change the landscape of your yard.

I guess you're right. My friend is really big into conservation and came to help me clean up some storm debris and clean up the area around my girlfriend's house, and I just found myself really enjoying dragging off limbs and being super surprised at what a few well placed cuts accomplishes. Can't say I've ever looked forward to mowing grass and cleaning stuff up, but damn it's fun lol

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I guess you're right. My friend is really big into conservation and came to help me clean up some storm debris and clean up the area around my girlfriend's house, and I just found myself really enjoying dragging off limbs and being super surprised at what a few well placed cuts accomplishes. Can't say I've ever looked forward to mowing grass and cleaning stuff up, but damn it's fun lol

I like it for about an hour, then it feels like a chore again after that :p.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I like it for about an hour, then it feels like a chore again after that :p.

I think doing the work with a friend and having steady conversation the entire time helps too and puts the chore part of it out of mind frame for the time we are working

38 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. Can anyone explain why yard work is such a dreadful experience when you're a kid, but somehow now I seem to enjoy it, apart from the slight sunburn...

Cannot wait to see how this turns out! Thanks for the links to the Caspian stuff from me as well :)

Did they play a decent mix of old & new material?

Setlist has been the same all tour, remind me and I'll link it later but I have to run now.

Anyone have an opinion on Schecter guitars? I found the C-1 Hellraiser used at a guitar store near me at a pretty solid price and thought it played pretty great. Anyone have first hand experience?

44 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. Can anyone explain why yard work is such a dreadful experience when you're a kid, but somehow now I seem to enjoy it, apart from the slight sunburn...

Cannot wait to see how this turns out! Thanks for the links to the Caspian stuff from me as well :)

Did they play a decent mix of old & new material?

Set list this tour has had nothing from LNIT and 2 songs from Hot Damn. I think maybe 1-2 from Gutter and TBD. I'm not familiar enough with any of their other albums. Seems their set leans heavy towards the new album.

11 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Lol at the dude asking for $50

I think the most I paid was for that stupid Japanese only 7" and that was $30. Got a bunch of stuff (discogs link included) for maybe  $30 and it was an awesome deal. Only missing a few things, including the Year of the Rabbit, Fest 10", and an OG of the first album. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic