This is so corny but do you ever try and think about the person you would be today if you hadn't had the musical influences that you've had? If you hadn't taken the route of non radio pop at some point in your life? What the hell would my interests and hobbies be? And then I wonder, why doesn't everyone dive a little bit deeper than radio pop? Obviously I'm biased but I just can't fathom a life with an iTunes full of pop singles. You're missing out on so much.

This sounds like something a 16 year old would say after discovering their first *indie* band, I know. It just really makes me think about how strong of an influence music has had on my life.

People who only listen to radio music are usually way more tolerable than the "They don't make REAL music anymore!" dudes in Pink Floyd shirts. I'll never understand it but some people just don't get into music. A dude I've been really good friends with for over 10 years only listens to sports talk radio and owns one CD (first Tenacious D album). He had a girlfriend that took him to a Dresdon Dolls show and a Norah Jones concert. We got really high at a few Rush concerts. That's the extent of his experiences with music.

If I didn't get into music I probably wouldn't have mild tinnitus 

edit: Just remembered something funny about the friend I mentioned above. In like 2003 his high school girlfriend gave him a mix CD with Sunny Day Real Estate, Coheed and Cambria, The Shins, and Bright Eyes on it. His response was "What the fuck?"

It's all very cliche but music made me come out of my shell, find the confidence and the friends to get me where I am now.

I was very quiet and nervous in high school and earlier so finding a scene and a group of people who liked what I did changed everything for the better. Very strange to think what I would be like if I never stumbled across Simple Plan (I know, I know) when I was 15.

I think I've shared this before but getting into records changed my life. I was going through about a years length of really bad depression from a bad breakup and I wouldn't talk to my friends and I was in therapy and she had me on so many pills but nothing worked. I slept so much and all I did was cry. I remember I would just completely zone out and stare at the wall because i couldn't even cry anymore

It was bad. I lost a few friends over it because I pushed everyone away. I don't think people knew how bad it was because I wouldn't leave my house. There were times when I would stay in bed and sleep for almost a complete 24 hour day.

My ex bought me a shitty crosley and 2 of my favorite albums who I had put away. I don't know what happened but I decided to play it and then I started to buy records to have more to listen to and I remember listening to Ellie Goulding over and over and I started drawing and writing and I got better. It's been about a year now and I haven't had to take any more medication and life is just really good.

Okay, sad cheesy story over.

I think I've shared this before but getting into records changed my life. I was going through about a years length of really bad depression from a bad breakup and I wouldn't talk to my friends and I was in therapy and she had me on so many pills but nothing worked. I slept so much and all I did was cry. I remember I would just completely zone out and stare at the wall because i couldn't even cry anymore

It was bad. I lost a few friends over it because I pushed everyone away. I don't think people knew how bad it was because I wouldn't leave my house. There were times when I would stay in bed and sleep for almost a complete 24 hour day.

My ex bought me a shitty crosley and 2 of my favorite albums who I had put away. I don't know what happened but I decided to play it and then I started to buy records to have more to listen to and I remember listening to Ellie Goulding over and over and I started drawing and writing and I got better. It's been about a year now and I haven't had to take any more medication and life is just really good.

emot-allears.gif Bawhhhhhhh.

It's not cheesy

Anybody wanna see a video I made when I was 18, living in a 3 bedroom apartment with 4 guys and 2 other girls? Haha

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17082607dT4S5JQb

Mature Content

The item you've requested contains mature content that may not be suitable for all audiences.

You must be at least 18 years old and you must agree that you are not offended by mature content to view this group.

Are you over 18 and are you willing to view mature content?

:blink:  What type of video is this?!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic