Nessie is an awesome name. would have to be short for something, I think. Would you put 'Nessie' on the birth certificate?

Vanessa? 

i planned on naming my kid after some obscure font.

naming them after last names is still the trend..

especially ex presidents.

"Polk"

An obvious second choice would be Wingdings.

I'm laughing at this way harder than I should be and I'm in the middle of a coffee shop. People are starting to stare. 

He said OBSCURE font. You might as well name your kid John Smith if you are thinking of going with Helvetica. 

Oops, my bad, totally missed that. Helvetica will be the new Jane Doe in sample letters. 

Any day that I can educate someone on the Irish language is a good day.

I liked reading all your posts about the Irish names.  A few years ago my Dad did some digging around the Internet for our family's genealogy and after thinking we're Polish for a thousand years, turns out we're very Irish with a dash of Russian.  It was a complete coincidence that my parents named me Ashton because nobody had any idea at the time, lol.

My Dad & I have been working on getting a dual citizenship since he found all this out.  It's pretty exciting to me because I never was able to feel connected to our background since it was always so fuzzy.

Naming your daughter Nausicaa would be pretty dope I think... but then you have to consider... would I grow tired of saying/hearing it over and over?

Everyone would just call her Nausea. 

I also love weird/lame/old-fashioned middle names in the middle of a pretty 'normal' name. It just fits so perfect to have a middle name like 'Waldo' or something.

I feel as though I would fit your description with the first name of Timothy and middle name of Lothar.  I always remember in elementary school when learning to write and all of that teachers would always correct me and tell me my middle name was spelled Luther.  I ended up believing them and it then wasn't till middle school where I found out I was actually correct and my middle name was Lothar and not Luther.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic