Nothing more frustrating that being locked out of your office.  I was locked out of mine for 8 hours due to a busted lock, it was lame to say the least.

Ugh that's a long time!  At least it couldn't have been avoided... all my boss had to do was NOT lock my door on me for the millionth time.

got a snow-day from work. just woke up half an hour ago.

...feels good.

How much snow does it take for you to get a snow day? I've never had a snow day for school or work in my life.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow and im super excited.  60 degrees today, 10 degrees tomorrow yeehaw

When I woke up this morning we had a good 6" of snow on the ground. It's coming your way!

How much snow does it take for you to get a snow day? I've never had a snow day for school or work in my life.

When I was living in Montana, there was no amount of snow that would get you a day off work.  I think I had one school snow day when I was in maybe 3rd grade.  During college, I skipped a lot of classes because there was snow on the ground.  Does that count?

When I woke up this morning we had a good 6" of snow on the ground. It's coming your way!

Well, I live in MN so snow itself isn't the issue. Because I have to transport my client around for work, it's a matter of road conditions and safety. There could be 6 feet of snow piled up, but if the roads are fine and plowed I'd be expected to dig my car out and go. It just happened to be super slick and half blizzarding around 7:30 when work starts, so they gave us the day off. Of course we'll have to make it up later this year by getting rid of one of our friday off days.

I have two job interviews this week. One tomorrow and one on Saturday. I do not remember applying at either of these places. Both of these appear to be some sort of business/financing/etc type of position. I have had zero training, experience, or education in this field. I'm really confused.

These are probably the kind of interviews where a bunch of people are in a room and someone tries to sell you on the idea of selling insurance. They will show you a slide show and tell rags to rich's stories, its all bullshit.

These are probably the kind of interviews where a bunch of people are in a room and someone tries to sell you on the idea of selling insurance. They will show you a slide show and tell rags to rich's stories, its all bullshit.

Seriously, that sounds a little sketch.  Proceed with caution.  At a time where new jobs are proving difficult to land for most folks, I can't say I've talked to anyone in the last couple of years who's had a new career literally fall into their lap.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic