Hate to hi-jack the cool/funny names topic y'all are on, but I'm too excited not to post this. I just ordered a Fender Cobain Sonic blue Mustang from my local music store. Beyond stoked once I finally get this, I love mustangs and have been saving bits from every pay check for months, so it finally pays off!

Awesome.That is my favorite guitar color ever, next to the Sonic Youth and Elvis Costello jazzmasters. I really love mustangs. I need to put new strings on mine.

The restaurant I have worked at for almost 6 years gets the worst yelp reviews. All of the restaurants around us have pretty much the best reviews ever. People leave so happy and say they're going to give us 5 stars on yelp, and then nothing. I'm so frustrated about it. We literally have the best Fish & Chips special on Friday nights. We are packed. Not one review of 47 mention anything about it. I pretty much had the worst weekend ever there. Saturday, the cooks literally threw me and the other server under the bus. Shit just wasn't right at all. Is it wrong that I just messaged the latest yelper to give us one star? I asked him why he couldn't at least mention how friendly and apologetic I was, AND that I gave all four of them free ice cream. 

People seriously only take the time to point out the negative these days. You can't look up reviews of anything anymore without just seeing straight trash talk, usually about little things. I looked up reviews of a hotel in a beach town. People complained about the elevator smelling and would not recommend. People go to the beach and get fishy salty and sweaty and the ride elevators. You expect that shit to smell like lavender?

a good review should point out negatives, but at the same time it should point out positives. i'd hate to think that people just look for and hold on to the negatives.

for example, when i was in new york, my hotel was hotel carter. a lot of the reviews are terribly negative. but for a hotel literally less than a block from time square, a room with two beds for one night under a hundred dollars seemed like a steal to me. sure the water was cold, tv had nothing on it, had to pay for wifi so we didnt even use it, but i wasnt there to experience that. it was noisy, i was in the city so duh. i slept comfortably, it was close to the nintendo store. it was a short subway ride to irving plaza. would recommend to any who just wants to snooze and see the sites.

anyway, i want a job like travis. i wanna secure records to be pressed that'd be awesome. i want a record label, record store, and to do that. that would be the tri-fecta of happiness for me.

I'm locked out of my office again. I swear the people I work for are too stupid for words. They won't give me a key for the office, but they'll go in there after I leave and lock it "because I must have forgotten to" before I left.

Nothing more frustrating that being locked out of your office.  I was locked out of mine for 8 hours due to a busted lock, it was lame to say the least.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic