SSTB is rare? I had the repress and sold it for like $25 a year or so ago. I wish I'd have known then what I know know John, and it'd have been yours. I also refuse to pay more than $50 for a record, it's just insane too. How It Feels to Be Something On is my only temptation at this point.

Oh yeah. I paid $80 and they said it was a good deal. Makes me wish I knew how turntables worked a few years ago.

I got all excited for talk of JTB reissues but there's no real news, thanks for nothing! someone hook me up with Four Cornered Night dammit

Also RFC never fails to disappoint yet another pre-order not on my doorstep on release day. The age of the internet has made me so damned entitled lol

about 3 years ago I had the emo buy of dreams: Dear You, Nothing Feels Good, 4MM, Designing A Nervous Breakdown. I hooked up this girl I had just started dating since we bonded over our love of Jawbreaker, we no longer date but remain friends and she still has all of them as far as I know. I was a dick I paid about $5 a piece but the customer had no idea their value and was really pleased with the offer. There was other good stuff but that's what I remember

SSTB is rare? I had the repress and sold it for like $25 a year or so ago. I wish I'd have known then what I know know John, and it'd have been yours. I also refuse to pay more than $50 for a record, it's just insane too. How It Feels to Be Something On is my only temptation at this point.

If I Knew Now, What I Knew Then ;)

I appreciate that, dude! Yeah...it's gotten nuts.

A lot of my stuff is wish list stuff that needs to see reissues/1st vinyl pressings

I need to fill out my SDRE collection, but I have my fav from them. Got a good deal on Diary years ago on green wax.

I need them to press If I Knew Now, and I'll be all set as far as HRC.

Gotta grab a copy of No Kill, No Beep Beep at some point...

What else...Thursday's third album, but I'm not in any real rush to grab that, least favorite of the first 3, and those are all I stuck around for...

Wish they'd press some Brazil stuff at some point, and reissue some Rainer Maria stuff.

I'd probably grab In Reverie if it was ever reissued, but it's by far my least favorite StD album...

Such Blinding Stars For Starving Eyes and, Storms of Early Summer need to see reissues. Not gonna pay $100+ for those guys, no matter how much I love Cursive.

Hrmmm....someday I'll snag Fallow by The Weakerthans, but it's my least fav from them.

Turns out a lot of my "wants" are just filling in gaps to have full discographies/all that I even remotely enjoyed from a band.

about 3 years ago I had the emo buy of dreams: Dear You, Nothing Feels Good, 4MM, Designing A Nervous Breakdown. I hooked up this girl I had just started dating since we bonded over our love of Jawbreaker, we no longer date but remain friends and she still has all of them as far as I know. I was a dick I paid about $5 a piece but the customer had no idea their value and was really pleased with the offer. There was other good stuff but that's what I remember

Hnnnnghhhhhh. I could use those first two Anniversary records too. and Beulah stuff while we're at it.

If I Knew Now, What I Knew Then ;)

I appreciate that, dude! Yeah...it's gotten nuts.

A lot of my stuff is wish list stuff that needs to see reissues/1st vinyl pressings

I need to fill out my SDRE collection, but I have my fav from them. Got a good deal on Diary years ago on green wax.

I need them to press If I Knew Now, and I'll be all set as far as HRC.

Gotta grab a copy of No Kill, No Beep Beep at some point...

What else...Thursday's third album, but I'm not in any real rush to grab that, least favorite of the first 3, and those are all I stuck around for...

Wish they'd press some Brazil stuff at some point, and reissue some Rainer Maria stuff.

I'd probably grab In Reverie if it was ever reissued, but it's by far my least favorite StD album...

Such Blinding Stars For Starving Eyes and, Storms of Early Summer need to see reissues. Not gonna pay $100+ for those guys, no matter how much I love Cursive.

Hrmmm....someday I'll snag Fallow by The Weakerthans, but it's my least fav from them.

Turns out a lot of my "wants" are just filling in gaps to have full discographies/all that I even remotely enjoyed from a band.

I need those Rainer Maria albums, they are so fucking good. 

SDRE I need How it feels to be something on, the rising tide and the live lp

guk on a wire

All those early Cursive albums

So many albums that are awesome, but cost way too fucking much on the used market.

I need those Rainer Maria albums, they are so fucking good. 

SDRE I need How it feels to be something on, the rising tide and the live lp

guk on a wire

All those early Cursive albums

So many albums that are awesome, but cost way too fucking much on the used market.

Be on the lookout for On a Wire. I snagged mine about 6 months ago for like $14 at a record store brand new. Bought my copy of Eudora for $8 PPD or something stupid, then got my shipping refunded, so it ended up being like $4. :)

The early-ish Cursive stuff (except the two I named) should also be pretty easy to come by for cheap :)  Back when Ugly Organ was still hard to come by Mississippi Records had one in their bargain bin for $4!

I'm just too lazy to pick up No Kill ;)

I have 2 Rainer Maria albums, but I'd really like Past Worn Searching and Better Version Of Me

Yeah, everything but those two still seems pretty reasonable to come by. I feel like Long Knives is starting to maybe get up there too.

I used to really like some T&N and SS stuff, but I really can't listen to a lot of it anymore. It grates on my nerves.

really I paid $8 plus shipping for a sealed copy of that last December

Hrm. Maybe I'm remembering wrong then. Could be dirt cheap, it's kind of low on my list to get even though I love it. I remember seeing either them and Brazil, or them and Thrice open for Coheed and it was nutsssss.

Edit, it was RM and Brazil Opening. Thrice was when I saw Coheed and Thursday.

I forgot On A Wire was repressed not too long ago, so I'll have to keep an eye out.

Such Blinding Stars For Starving Eyes and The Storms Of Early Summer: Semantics Of Song are the only 2 Cursive albums I need, and they go for quite bit. Though, I think there is a comp that has them on it maybe?

Be on the lookout for On a Wire. I snagged mine about 6 months ago for like $14 at a record store brand new. Bought my copy of Eudora for $8 PPD or something stupid, then got my shipping refunded, so it ended up being like $4. :)

The early-ish Cursive stuff (except the two I named) should also be pretty easy to come by for cheap :)  Back when Ugly Organ was still hard to come by Mississippi Records had one in their bargain bin for $4!

I'm just too lazy to pick up No Kill ;)

I just heard Cursive for the first time a week ago

I never got to see any of those old polyvinyl bands I loved , the one time I saw Coheed it was dredg, Blood Brothers and then Coheed played like a 2 hour set it was very memorable

I don't think I ever saw BB, but I wanted to. Also, just remembered Funeral For a Friend was on that Rainer Maria, Brazil, Coheed bill.

I just heard Cursive for the first time a week ago

Get into it. ;)

unpopular opinion but Mama, I'm Swollen is the best Cursive album. That was the only one that I really liked, my ex wife was obsessed with that band, I do not miss listening to them or Bright Eyes one bit

That album is really good, just not my favorite. 

Domestica or Happy Hollow.

Woof. Anything after Ugly Organ is like a different band for me. That switch from strings to brass just gutted me.

I remember seeing them and being that drunk asshole who screams for them to play one old obscure song every time they ask, "what do you guys wanna hear next?"

They never played it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic