I know it's hard when you're feeling down but try and find the little things that make you happy. It's not going to solve everything but you'll be able to be happy for moments here and there and that'll help you not focus so much on all the bad stuff. I had a really bad time years ago and therapy and medicine never helped. I used to have a real shitty crosley and 2 albums and I noticed that made me happy so I would play them and would get out of my own head for even just a few hours a day but it was a relief. It didn't fix my problems right away but I was able to dive deeper into it and I found a bunch of friends on here.

My life still sucks, I don't really go out and hang out with people but I noticed I like cooking so I'm exploring that right now and it's exciting. I'm also not really a social person and I could probably go days without talking to anyone, but that doesn't have to mean I should be down about that. I spent the entire day crocheting a rug for my room. Don't feel like you have to be out and mingling if that's not something you really want to do. Just do the things that make you happy.

Music is my only happiness currently, and I'm ok with that. My life is annoying, but I would not say it sucks. I have good friends, they moved away in the summer, but they are still there for me. I'm used to hanging out 4-5 times a week (for 15+ years), so the sudden change from that to nothing has just been odd for me. I'm trying to change, and I will certainly start by not bitching to you guys, since I'm sure the venting is annoying and it just makes it worse for me. This place is awesome, and I love you all, and it's great how awesome we all are to each other, despite the rest of the boards not liking this thread. Great people here, I'm thankful for meeting. Thanks Tina!

Just left the bar, why do shitty cover bands have to play at every bar? They were terrible, and played loud as fuck. I'm not sure why my friend wanted to go there, but it was her birthday so whatever. I did't get to talk to her much, since all her friends were stealing her away when I tried. Oh well, got to talk to some people I have not seen in a few months, so it was worth it. 

Back to blasting good music. <3 you all

Music is my only happiness currently, and I'm ok with that. My life is annoying, but I would not say it sucks. I have good friends, they moved away in the summer, but they are still there for me. I'm used to hanging out 4-5 times a week (for 15+ years), so the sudden change from that to nothing has just been odd for me. I'm trying to change, and I will certainly start by not bitching to you guys, since I'm sure the venting is annoying and it just makes it worse for me. This place is awesome, and I love you all, and it's great how awesome we all are to each other, despite the rest of the boards not liking this thread. Great people here, I'm thankful for meeting. Thanks Tina!

Just left the bar, why do shitty cover bands have to play at every bar? They were terrible, and played loud as fuck. I'm not sure why my friend wanted to go there, but it was her birthday so whatever. I did't get to talk to her much, since all her friends were stealing her away when I tried. Oh well, got to talk to some people I have not seen in a few months, so it was worth it. 

Back to blasting good music. <3 you all

Hope shit gets better for you. Can't imagine what I could do but if there is anything feel free to hit me up <3

I have good friends, they moved away in the summer, but they are still there for me. I'm used to hanging out 4-5 times a week (for 15+ years), so the sudden change from that to nothing has just been odd for me.

I know how this feels. I moved thousands of miles away from all my friends for school/work and didn't make an effort to make new friends outside of work for a while (I never really hang with work people because I hate talking about work when I'm not there, and it seems like everyone else in my field always wants to talk about work.)

A while back I had a pretty solid group of friends I would hang out with, and at least 4-5 of us would get together every week (to play Magic, because...y'know. nerds.)

Anyway, my one buddy I was closest with in that group had to move for work about a year ago and I kind of just let our group fall apart. I think he really held us together. Anyway. Now I just do my own thing. I sleep a lot, I read, I hang out with my dog. It'll get easier to be on your own. I had a while where I was drinking a little more because I was bored, but I started putting on a little pudge, so now I try to work out pretty regularly instead.

I need to get back into painting, but I used to get high and do that and I don't get the opportunity to smoke often because of work.

Since we've been talking about a bunch of emo bands lately and sideprojects...I'd love to see that Imbroco - Are You My Lion Killer? EP get pressed by Jade Tree.

Downloading it now, another one I've not heard.

Downloading it now, another one I've not heard.

It's really good. :)

I'm listening to a bunch of Pedro the Lion, trying to decide if I need to grab up the rest of that discography while it's so cheap. I only really love Achilles Heel and Control...so it's looking like probably not.

I know how this feels. I moved thousands of miles away from all my friends for school/work and didn't make an effort to make new friends outside of work for a while (I never really hang with work people because I hate talking about work when I'm not there, and it seems like everyone else in my field always wants to talk about work.)

A while back I had a pretty solid group of friends I would hang out with, and at least 4-5 of us would get together every week (to play Magic, because...y'know. nerds.)

Anyway, my one buddy I was closest with in that group had to move for work about a year ago and I kind of just let our group fall apart. I think he really held us together. Anyway. Now I just do my own thing. I sleep a lot, I read, I hang out with my dog. It'll get easier to be on your own. I had a while where I was drinking a little more because I was bored, but I started putting on a little pudge, so now I try to work out pretty regularly instead.

I need to get back into painting, but I used to get high and do that and I don't get the opportunity to smoke often because of work.

I really need to start working out, I'm sure that'd do wonders for me. I need to quit smoking cigarettes too, they have been my terrible crutch, and I always told myself I'd quit before I turned 30 (on 2 more months). I don't mind being alone, I'm just not used to it at all.

I really need to start working out, I'm sure that'd do wonders for me. I need to quit smoking cigarettes too, they have been my terrible crutch, and I always told myself I'd quit before I turned 30 (on 2 more months). I don't mind being alone, I'm just not used to it at all.

Honestly, going to the gym and getting a good workout in does wonders for my mood too. Sometimes during the winter I need to take a multivitamin because I'm not getting enough sunlight too, and I get really depressed/cranky.

It's really good. :)

I'm listening to a bunch of Pedro the Lion, trying to decide if I need to grab up the rest of that discography while it's so cheap. I only really love Achilles Heel and Control...so it's looking like probably not.

I was never able to get into Pedro the Lion, not sure why. 

Honestly, going to the gym and getting a good workout in does wonders for my mood too. Sometimes during the winter I need to take a multivitamin because I'm not getting enough sunlight too, and I get really depressed/cranky.

I take one every day, since my vitamin D is always low since I'm usually only up and about at night. 

When I started smoking I promised myself I'd quit before 30. I've got less than 11 months now...it seemed so reasonable when I was 20 but fuck does time move fast. It was fun and social the first couple years. Now I will murder a motherfucker if I don't get to smoke a couple cigs every few hours.

As someone with a lot of mental issues (depression, anxiety, and social anxiety to name only a few) who has burned every bridge with every friend I've ever made I'm going to honestly recommend online dating. I'm sure you've tried, but if you've got discouraged stick with it.

I've tried, but obviously you guys can tell I don't have the best image of myself, so I usually give up pretty quickly. I never know what to say, or how to approach someone online. I'm better at talking to people in person, but I'm still pretty passive about trying to talk to someone that catches my eye. I've known the girl who's birthday I went out for tonight for years, and never said anything. That situation is a little different though. I'm still pissed at myself for not messaging this girl I've met a few times when I saw her on there. She is fucking awesome, and is gorgeous. 

And fuck yeah do those years fly by. I'm the same way, need a cigarette like every 2 hours or I go insane. I miss it being fun and social, instead of being just a straight addiction. 

I've tried, but obviously you guys can tell I don't have the best image of myself, so I usually give up pretty quickly. I never know what to say, or how to approach someone online. I'm better at talking to people in person, but I'm still pretty passive about trying to talk to someone that catches my eye. I've known the girl who's birthday I went out for tonight for years, and never said anything. That situation is a little different though. I'm still pissed at myself for not messaging this girl I've met a few times when I saw her on there. She is fucking awesome, and is gorgeous.

And fuck yeah do those years fly by. I'm the same way, need a cigarette like every 2 hours or I go insane. I miss it being fun and social, instead of being just a straight addiction.

Starting conversations is the worst and I'm super bad at it. But the I find the slight disconnect of it being an online interaction to be helpful.

Despite being super shy as a kid, I've always been pretty social once I started to get older. I have no problems talking to people. Starting a conversation on dating site is different, since it's pretty much exclusively done to initiate a date or something.

Despite being super shy as a kid, I've always been pretty social once I started to get older. I have no problems talking to people. Starting a conversation on dating site is different, since it's pretty much exclusively done to initiate a date or something.

My issue with talking to new people is more just finding an excuse to. 

"Hey"

"Hi"

"I don't know you so I have no clue what to say. Bye"

:wacko:

My issue with talking to new people is more just finding an excuse to. 

"Hey"

"Hi"

"I don't know you so I have no clue what to say. Bye"

:wacko:

Just have to BS your way in until you find common ground/something to talk about.

The biggest advantage of online is that it's a much larger and diverse pool than anyone's real life social bubble. But yeah, starting conversations really is the most awkward shit

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic