I'm fairly certain most of the Black Flag stuff is in print. SST seems to keep a good portion of their releases readily available.

Very true. That's why I haven't gotten any yet. I've always been waiting to see if I could luck into OG copies for fair prices. Now I'm at the point where I'm saying fuck it, and get everyday represses.

In terms of length and legacy, though I think in % of quality material DNOTD surpasses The White Album, which I consider to be half filler.

I would agree, even the little filler is more enjoyable. I truly this they were one of the greatest bands that ever lived, I love the story of how they ended up recording "buzz or howl..." for $50

So I put on Nick Cave.

My son asks, "Why is he singing so slow?"

"Because that's what he is doing."

"Put the record we were just listening to back on!"

Holds up Entombed's Left Hand Path..."this one?"

"Yeah put that back on... it's better. "

Haha... made me crack up.

I've been listening to mellow shit all day. Kinda a change of pace. 

So I put on Nick Cave.

My son asks, "Why is he singing so slow?"

"Because that's what he is doing."

"Put the record we were just listening to back on!"

Holds up Entombed's Left Hand Path..."this one?"

"Yeah put that back on... it's better. "

Haha... made me crack up.

Lock that child in a room with a copy of From Her to Eternity until he "gets it" Lol

After seeing the Bowie musical (with Dexter and the Mother from How I Met Your Mother) I was listening to the new Bowie record a bunch today.

I haven't heard it yet. I will eventually. I just have been doing other shit today and I find mellow stuff to be less distracting and something that fades into the background easier. Mostly was Appleseed, American Football, and an currently listening to Sea Change. Plus for some reason I think that that kind of music sounds better audio quality wise than loud metal-y stuff. Don't know why, guess it is just naturally more spread apart frequencies making it sound fuller?

To be fair, it was the 1st time he had heard Nick Cave.

It honestly took me a while to really get into his stuff outside of a few random tracks as a teen. Age helped me appreciate him more and once I stumbled upon Leonard Cohen, I finally found that head space where Nick fit just right in

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic