oddly enough, when I move its going to be mid 60's. I'll take it.

That works out nice, since I know you said you were moving in the winter. Moving next week? Supposed to be warm here then, so figured it would be out that way too.

Yeah, tables are not cheap, but it's well worth the price. You invest a ton in record, so why not get something nice to play them on? Protect your records.

yeah I've wanted to for 3 years now, and something keeps throwing a cog in my wheel. I'll probably buy one in the next couple days, just want to see if I can find a good refurbished TT first, before I blow almost half my federal return.

That sounds terrible. Hope you got everything done though.

almost. we have a few things left that my bf is gonna go back for today since he has off work (must be nice). our new place is VERY SMALL though. theres stuff everywhere and my anxiety is thru the roof bc of it. my dresser has to be inside my closet. my bf took the bar out and raised it like 5.5 ft over the dresser. i can barely reach my clothes! lol. it looks sorta comical.

oddly enough, when I move its going to be mid 60's. I'll take it.

jealous! lol. luckily the sun was out, but as soon as the -20 wind hit i felt like crying.

I'm hoping for next week. closing is so strange. could be 8 days but our date is late March. we need the time to pack and stuff anyhow. there's a LOT of shit here.

The entire house buying process is weird, so I imagine selling is a lot worse.

yeah I've wanted to for 3 years now, and something keeps throwing a cog in my wheel. I'll probably buy one in the next couple days, just want to see if I can find a good refurbished TT first, before I blow almost half my federal return.

Any local hi-fi shops in your area? I picked my current table up from a local vintage store, after they refurbished it. I love it.

almost. we have a few things left that my bf is gonna go back for today since he has off work (must be nice). our new place is VERY SMALL though. theres stuff everywhere and my anxiety is thru the roof bc of it. my dresser has to be inside my closet. my bf took the bar out and raised it like 5.5 ft over the dresser. i can barely reach my clothes! lol. it looks sorta comical.

jealous! lol. luckily the sun was out, but as soon as the -20 wind hit i felt like crying.

Haha, that does sound funny. Moving to a smaller space is never fun, but at least you'll be saving money. Good luck!

People who have over 100 new records that don't invest in a great table are morons. Spending $2,000 on records and playing it on a $100 table is fucking appalling.

Even buying 50 records before getting a good table is ridiculous. Have 25 less records and a great table to play what records you do have instead.

Any local hi-fi shops in your area? I picked my current table up from a local vintage store, after they refurbished it. I love it.

There is, I'm going to check it out, my local record store has a 20% off sale, so I could pick up a pro-ject for like $360 but I dunno how old it is or if it's the carbon even, so it seems like a better option ordering it from musicdirect or turntablelab for a little more. But I'll see if the audio store has anything good today

People who have over 100 new records that don't invest in a great table are morons. Spending $2,000 on records and playing it on a $100 table is fucking appalling.

Even buying 50 records before getting a good table is ridiculous. Have 25 less records and a great table to play what records you do have instead.

I definitely was guilty of that mindset for a while, mostly because I assumed my $120 Sony was good enough. Given the chance to do it again, I definitely would have upgraded the turntable first, but I guess better late than never.

My Numark has served me well for 6 years (it was a gift but I think it was like $200), I upgraded the cartridge and it's one of the older models before they switched to all plastic. I have friends with nice tables and I'm not in denial that they are better, but it was always out of my grasp to buy a worthy upgrade. I have records I've spun over 100 times on it that look and sound great still (VG+ at least). It may be an entry level table, but I can't talk bad on it, not a problem after thousands of hours of play except a fussy start/stop button

Agreed 100%. People spend so much on records, but when they see the price tag of a table think it's too much. It's weird. Sure no one like to spend that much at once, but you have to.

There is, I'm going to check it out, my local record store has a 20% off sale, so I could pick up a pro-ject for like $360 but I dunno how old it is or if it's the carbon even, so it seems like a better option ordering it from musicdirect or turntablelab for a little more. But I'll see if the audio store has anything good today

Worth checking out for sure.

it sure is. our sellers are in Poland and it's not making it easy. plus, the offspring is making it challenging too. going to be getting rid of a lot of crap. time to become a minimalist.

Poland? Property investors?

My Numark has served me well for 6 years (it was a gift but I think it was like $200), I upgraded the cartridge and it's one of the older models before they switched to all plastic. I have friends with nice tables and I'm not in denial that they are better, but it was always out of my grasp to buy a worthy upgrade. I have records I've spun over 100 times on it that look and sound great still (VG+ at least). It may be an entry level table, but I can't talk bad on it, not a problem after thousands of hours of play except a fussy start/stop button

I'm sure the upgraded cartridge is the main reason for that. A cartridge is probably one of the biggest point for a table, sound and quality wise.

Agreed 100%. People spend so much on records, but when they see the price tag of a table think it's too much. It's weird. Sure no one like to spend that much at once, but you have to.

Worth checking out for sure.

It's like buying a ton of groceries and then not having a fridge to put them in.

Got into an accident on Friday. Had to go into the insurance office today. They estimated the repairs at $1000. My girlfriend was like "I don't care about the cosmetic damage and I can replace the mirror and door handle myself. I've priced the parts at about $150"

The insurance lady was like "That's cool. It's pretty awesome you can do that yourself. Here's a check for $1000, that's yours. Do whatever you want with it."

bruce willy wins the day.

We were both like "Wait, what?" and the agent was like "Yeah, we pay for damages. That's what insurance is for. There's no law that says you have to FIX the damages. You can go on vacation with that if you want. It's your car and your money."

We're gonna fix that shit ourselves and pay off some debt. Adulthood!

Poland? Property investors?

I'm sure the upgraded cartridge is the main reason for that. A cartridge is probably one of the biggest point for a table, sound and quality wise.

oh I definitely didn't want to leave the groovetool on it. I've been using AT green carts for years (gone through a few), it seemed dumb to buy a ortofon red or anything if it was going to be half the cost of the table. I admit to being a vinyl cat lady more than an audiophile, I basically put in the bare minimum to not fuck up my records. Also until last summer worked in record stores, and we didn't get a discount on turntables. Your logic if different when you can buy new records for 20-50% off or used records for practically nothing and it was the saving grace cause it was like a paycheck and a half (paid weekly) for a pro-ject so it would be months of saving, and working in a record store is like being an alcoholic in a bar. You don't just say "I'm going to not buy records for a month" while you see all this amazing shit flowing in for ridiculously low prices. I mean it was easy to spend $30-50 a week on a stack of records, it was much harder to save that fun money towards the upgrade. But all will be forgiven soon haha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic