Thankfully I have family, so I will stay with them until I find a job. There is plenty of tech there, so it shouldn't be too hard, even if it's crappy help desk again.

Thanks, I certainly hope so. I only know a few people and family, so it'll be cool meeting new people again. Hopefully a cool girl or something too, would be nice.

ahhhh gotcha. i know some people down in durham and a few other plances, but wouldn't want to impose by crashing with them too long. fortunately, i've got a good chunk of money saved up, so i figure just get where i want to go and i got enough to last for a bit while i figure stuff out. or just take a random job/do some temp work/work retail or whatever just to make some money while i look for something more long-term. sadly, you can't really do that in nyc. it's so expensive to live here, you can't get by on anything less than a high paying job. and i'd rather at least be unemployed somewhere else where i can pay half of what i pay in rent here.

and yeah. i'm excited to just get out and meet new people. nyc isn't really the warmest friendliest city and most of my good friends have already jumped ship and moved away :(  

i have a sister who lives in sydney. going to go visit her and meet my new baby niece :) and eat awesome food, cuddle a koala, etc etc.

apparently "look at jobs" might also be on the to-do list while i'm out there. 

My friend's in Melbourne like to shit on Sydney a lot.  I don't really know if it's justified, but it's real funny how much they all dislike it.  The airport is fucking terrible, that's my only experience there.

My friend's in Melbourne like to shit on Sydney a lot.  I don't really know if it's justified, but it's real funny how much they all dislike it.  The airport is fucking terrible, that's my only experience there.

hahaha that is really funny. 

i dunno. my sister loves it and everyone i know who's ever been out there loves it. haven't really heard anything negative about it. i guess every place has their random rivalries though.

I was thinking T3 would do v well in Austin.

very exciting for everyone.

Thanks Charlie, I hope so.

ahhhh gotcha. i know some people down in durham and a few other plances, but wouldn't want to impose by crashing with them too long. fortunately, i've got a good chunk of money saved up, so i figure just get where i want to go and i got enough to last for a bit while i figure stuff out. or just take a random job/do some temp work/work retail or whatever just to make some money while i look for something more long-term. sadly, you can't really do that in nyc. it's so expensive to live here, you can't get by on anything less than a high paying job. and i'd rather at least be unemployed somewhere else where i can pay half of what i pay in rent here.

and yeah. i'm excited to just get out and meet new people. nyc isn't really the warmest friendliest city and most of my good friends have already jumped ship and moved away :(

I feel like this whole side of the country is like. The rust belt is not very friendly, mainly because of the crippling depression and lack of jobs and entertainment. Everyone is cold, no one wants to met new people, no one trusts anyone. It sucks, and the terrible attitude makes me hate everything too. When I went out to Omaha to see my best friend, it was really crazy to me how people were nice and polite, and how I actually felt safe walking around (can't do that here really). 

i have a sister who lives in sydney. going to go visit her and meet my new baby niece :) and eat awesome food, cuddle a koala, etc etc.

apparently "look at jobs" might also be on the to-do list while i'm out there.

Sounds like you're going to have way too much fun over there. You're a badass, hardworking lady - an amazing vacation to somewhere warm and full of love is the very least of what you deserve! I'll be an aunt come this June, so I can understand how exciting it will be to be around a new little one

Also, if you happen to smuggle a koala back, you know which lady to hit up ;)

Sounds like you're going to have way too much fun over there. You're a badass, hardworking lady - an amazing vacation to somewhere warm and full of love is the very least of what you deserve! I'll be an aunt come this June, so I can understand how exciting it will be to be around a new little one

Also, if you happen to smuggle a koala back, you know which lady to hit up ;)

ha. thanks. yeah. i definitely need a vacation. 

being an aunt is fun times. i have another niece who's about to turn 13. it's crazy to think she's already going to be a teenager. she's a really cool kid and i'm definitely really stoked to be an aunt again. plus, with the other one, i was 17 when she was born and didn't really know what to do with a baby haha. but now a lot of my friends have kids, so i'm much more used to the whole being around babies thing. 

i'll see what i can do, but i might have better luck smuggling something smaller....like a wombat or quokka. 

ha. thanks. yeah. i definitely need a vacation. 

being an aunt is fun times. i have another niece who's about to turn 13. it's crazy to think she's already going to be a teenager. she's a really cool kid and i'm definitely really stoked to be an aunt again. plus, with the other one, i was 17 when she was born and didn't really know what to do with a baby haha. but now a lot of my friends have kids, so i'm much more used to the whole being around babies thing. 

i'll see what i can do, but i might have better luck smuggling something smaller....like a wombat or quokka.

Bring me back a kangaroo. If it has to be small a baby one will do.

Morning, small talkers. It's a balmy -1 in fabulous Manchester, NH and the heat isn't working in my apartment. Hooray!!

Or rather, it's working, but I've got electric baseboard heating, and it's actually so fucking cold in here that they're getting overpowered. I loooooooove New England winter.

Good Morning all, enjoy your day. I'm going to pamper myself, since I don't have a significant other.

You pamper the hell out of yourself! I'm going to pamper my mum I think, because making her happy sounds like a good way to spend the day :)

Morning, small talkers. It's a balmy -1 in fabulous Manchester, NH and the heat isn't working in my apartment. Hooray!!

Or rather, it's working, but I've got electric baseboard heating, and it's actually so fucking cold in here that they're getting overpowered. I loooooooove New England winter.

Eek, stay warm dude! Get yourself a hot date ;)

So happy Valentine's Day. I hope the suns out in New York. I hope he bought roses. I hope he bought you roses.

Alk3 killing them vday tunes. Goddammit forever.

Haven't heard that song for the better part of 10 years - threw it on for some good nostalgia

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic