Jealous of the tri-color :(

Did you order a copy in general though? I think you're really going to dig it. Sounds like a blend of Blue and Green and more mature, with a beach / summer theme. I'm really enjoying it. It's exceeding my expectations. // People are even trying to flip the white at $40 when it's still up for $20. Haha.

Went to Cookout for lunch. Can't beat onion rings, hush puppies and a chicken quesadilla with a sweet tea for $5.

I fucking love Cookout. I always do a hamburger, corn dog and hushpuppies or fries with a Cheerwine. When they opened the first one in Richmond it happened to be a few blocks from my place. I went there so often that they started giving me free drinks and knew my order by heart. It was awesome.

Honestly not crazy about JtB. They're good...but I'll always prefer a ton of bands to them. That said I'm also not as big a Jawbreaker guy as most people into JtB, so that could explain it.

I'm with you on this. JTB do have some good songs, but some are really boring. 

That's how I feel about them but everywhere I've seen them mentioned, they act like they're every emo fan's wet dream

I feel like I know like less than 5 people on here who like them, and one person IRL who has very similar tastes to me in general. Can't really be overrated when you aren't a commercial or critical success. The 2 most overrated emo acts to me are Brand New and SDRE because they actually have widespread acclaim and don't really do anything for me

I feel like I know like less than 5 people on here who like them, and one person IRL who has very similar tastes to me in general. Can't really be overrated when you aren't a commercial or critical success. The 2 most overrated emo acts to me are Brand New and SDRE because they actually have widespread acclaim and don't really do anything for me

Hey now, let's not say anything hasty about SDRE :P. I can see why someone would not like them for sure. 

I'm just thankful there's so much good emo. A fair amount of the emo I like runs along the post punk vein.

Agreed. So much variety, and I love it. 

Brand New is being mentioned alongside SDRE. I don't like where this is going. It has to stop.

Oh god dammit. What the fuck is that non-sense. People who listen to Brand New typically know nothing about music, and that's not even a shot at Brand New's music. Their fans just tend to be completely lacking in music knowledge / history. I don't get it. Don't drink the Brand New Kool-Aid.

Seriously, Brand New weren't on the Batman Forever soundtrack so they need to sit the fuck down.

I'm being completely serious, that soundtrack rules.

Hans is brilliant. I need to give it a listen, but I'm going to wait until I see the movie, cause that's how it works. Hans isn't doing the JL movie though. Maybe he is burnt out.

Oh god dammit. What the fuck is that non-sense. People who listen to Brand New typically know nothing about music, and that's not even a shot at Brand New's music. Their fans just tend to be completely lacking in music knowledge / history. I don't get it. Don't drink the Brand New Kool-Aid.

They have a lot of d-bag fans. 2 of my friends went to see them on the last tour, said there was about 5-6 fist fights and everyone around them just being typical, annoying rude assholes and on their phones. They had to watch it towards the back because the crowd was too shitty to handle. I don't hate their music (or SDRE) but people seem to talk about them like they are the Beatles or something

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic