HOLY FUCKING SHIT I FINALLY GET TO GO SEE DEP AND IT WILL BE ON HALLOWEEN

http://pitchfork.com/news/67712-the-dillinger-escape-plan-announce-tour-behind-potentially-final-album/

SO FAR THAT WEEK I HAVE

FRIDAY - FUN THING AT A VENUE WHERE THEY RANDOMLY MATCH PEOPLE TOGETHER AND THEY DO COVER SETS

SATURDAY - WITHIN THESE MOTHERFUCKING WALLS WITH AMERICAN NIGHTMARE AND JUDGE

SUNDAY - RECORD FAIR AT THE NILE THEATER IN THE MORNING AND CASPIAN/APPLESEED CAST

MONDAY - THE MOTHERFUCKING DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN

THURSDAY - AGAINST ME AND BAD RELIGION

Jade Tree Bundle came to those interested:

Pedro The Lion - Only Reason I Feel Secure

Pedro The Lion - Winners Never Quit

Dark Blue - Pure Reality (Blue)

Jade Tree Twenty Five Years (Black)

Cloak/Dagger - Lost Art (Black)

Pretty stoked on the PTL albums, ill give everything a listen

New Kings of Leon album announced. I'm all for it. Their last album was really, really good, and flew under the radar for a lot of people. I highly suggest checking out Mechanical Bull if you were a fan of their first three albums. It's definitely a redemption album from that commercial bullshit of Only By The Night with Sex On Fire, and the album after it. My favorite tracks are 'Temple', 'Coming Back Again', and 'Supersoaker'.

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/95842

12 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

New Kings of Leon album announced. I'm all for it. Their last album was really, really good, and flew under the radar for a lot of people. I highly suggest checking out Mechanical Bull if you were a fan of their first three albums. It's definitely a redemption album from that commercial bullshit of Only By The Night with Sex On Fire, and the album after it. My favorite tracks are 'Temple', 'Coming Back Again', and 'Supersoaker'.

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/95842

I was just listening to this on the way to work today. im excited, and I agree with Temple and this album, its great.

30 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I was just listening to this on the way to work today. im excited, and I agree with Temple and this album, its great.

Glad someone else here listens to and appreciates it. It's lame that when you say "Kings of Leon" most people think "Sex On Fire". Man, their first three albums are so damn good. Can't believe how quickly they wrote and recorded Youth & Young Manhood either; really, really impressive. The documentary Talihina Sky is great, and worth a watch. Gives some really good insight to it all. I'm thinking about starting a thread for it... (I'll wait till there is more info).

I recently got the box set off eBay for $15. Sounds fucking fantastic thanks to MOV.

Edited by Dave Grohl

I haven't had a good migraine in a while, so why not on my day off on a really nice day? I've been trying to sleep it off by napping all day, but it just won't quit. Also the social security office is the worst place ever. I was there for almost 2 hours just to hand them a form to get a replacement card.

Also on the topic of record youtube videos. Watching record cleaning videos are the worst. People washing record in their sink with tap water and running water over the labels.

Edited by Thomas³

52 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I haven't had a good migraine in a while, so why not on my day off on a really nice day? I've been trying to sleep it off by napping all day, but it just won't quit. Also the social security office is the worst place ever. I was there for almost 2 hours just to hand them a form to get a replacement card.

Also on the topic of record youtube videos. Watching record cleaning videos are the worst. People washing record in their sink with tap water and running water over the labels.

I just prefer to submerge my records by dunking them in the bathtub, after I've used it of course.

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Glad someone else here listens to and appreciates it. It's lame that when you say "Kings of Leon" most people think "Sex On Fire". Man, their first three albums are so damn good. Can't believe how quickly they wrote and recorded Youth & Young Manhood either; really, really impressive. The documentary Talihina Sky is great, and worth a watch. Gives some really good insight to it all. I'm thinking about starting a thread for it... (I'll wait till there is more info).

I recently got the box set off eBay for $15. Sounds fucking fantastic thanks to MOV.

I wanted to start a PO thread too when I read it but figured it was too soon. But I do back everything you said. The first 3 and mechanical is where it's at. I even like Only by the night and come around sundown (Pickup truck is probably one of my favorites by them). That doc is also one of my favorite music docs ever. Hopefully we get new music soon

2 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I wanted to start a PO thread too when I read it but figured it was too soon. But I do back everything you said. The first 3 and mechanical is where it's at. I even like Only by the night and come around sundown (Pickup truck is probably one of my favorites by them). That doc is also one of my favorite music docs ever. Hopefully we get new music soon

I like you more and more every day. <333

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Jade Tree Bundle came to those interested:

Pedro The Lion - Only Reason I Feel Secure

Pedro The Lion - Winners Never Quit

Dark Blue - Pure Reality (Blue)

Jade Tree Twenty Five Years (Black)

Cloak/Dagger - Lost Art (Black)

Pretty stoked on the PTL albums, ill give everything a listen

Mine just shipped. Pretty sure that 25 years comp is a guarantee for anyone who ordered.

56 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

He's naughty by nature. 

im going to start your playlist tomorrow on the commute in. 

I'm been doing mostly Del, Madlib, and Doom this week. In addition to the album Terra Bella by The Polish Ambassador.

Text me what you think of stuff you haven't heard. I'm super curious.

56 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

He's naughty by nature. 

im going to start your playlist tomorrow on the commute in. 

I'm been doing mostly Del, Madlib, and Doom this week. In addition to the album Terra Bella by The Polish Ambassador which features Mr. Lif.

Text me what you think of stuff you haven't heard. I'm super curious.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic