Shone / Be Patient / Heat Thing / FFFUUUUUUU

The whole thing reminds me of this

tumblr_lrvte8qupa1qi642t.jpg

someone mentioned that way back when the show was announced. the idea of this bouncing around multiple venues was mostly what made me pull the trigger

Maybe they wanted to see how many people would get their dicks hard over anything brand new related.

then they released that earthquake milkshake thing just to see if people would still be loyal. I mean, I want someone who legitimately likes that song to tell me why they like it.

Maybe they wanted to see how many people would get their dicks hard over anything brand new related.

then they released that earthquake milkshake thing just to see if people would still be loyal. I mean, I want someone who legitimately likes that song to tell me why they like it.

I like the eighties vibe...and I like that I haven't heard anything like this band before...the originality intrigues me

Fuck the haters...I'm stoked to hear the full LP

I like the eighties vibe...and I like that I haven't heard anything like this band before...the originality intrigues me

Fuck the haters...I'm stoked to hear the full LP

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd also like to say I am praying for a physical release of this.  God I hate download-only releases...

What's going on Vinyl Collective SHONE thread?

Some of us over in the AbsolutePunk thread on the same topic have been contributing to a video documentary about this whole SHONE viral experience.  It's called SHONEdoc and it's been in full production by my small videography company for the past few weeks.  I'd like to share a quick update with all that are interested since I know most of the followers of this thread have been into it as much as we have over at AP.net.

What we have done is collected video interviews from about 30 SHONE fans over the internet and intercut them chronologically with the letters, videos, artwork, songs, and other "gifts" that we have received from our good friend Levi Gudmundson.  We've also added in our own graphics, background music and footage from events like The Announcement/Listening Party in Philly.

We've decided to release the documentary in three parts so we are able to give you all something to watch before the entire video has been completed. The parts will be split up like so:

I of 3: The beginning and everything that happened in NY/Long Island (letters, coordinates, scavenger hunt, etc.)
2 of 3: Everything that happened in Philly (more letters, invisible ink, scavenger hunt, listening party, etc.)
3 of 3: Album art, the show in NYC and the conclusion.

Once the third part is finished, all three parts will be put together as one video for you all to enjoy.

This is a non-profit project that is made in good fun, but it's also meant to be a historical documentation on how this type of viral marketing campaign has never been done before to such an effective extent.  This long-planned campaign has changed the way fans connect to new music, which has in turn resulted in many new friendships created between these fans over the internet in threads like this one.  We've had a great time following along during this adventure and simply want it to be encapsulated for all of us and for future fans to look back on.

Please feel free to send us any input, ideas, or support through any of the social media vehicles below:

@CM_Videography
Facebook.com/CaptureMediaBook
[email protected]

Thank you for listening everyone!  Please feel free to follow along for more updates :)

-Ryan

What we have done is collected video interviews from about 30 SHONE fans over the internet and intercut them chronologically with the letters, videos, artwork, songs, and other "gifts" that we have received from our good friend Levi Gudmundson.  

how can one be a "fan" when there has only been 2 songs and a bunch of viral crap released?