Django Unchained

my absolute favorite part of this movie is the way christopher waltz when from playing the absolute worst of villains (inglorious basterds) to the absolute best of heroes.

it had me severely questioning his motivs for the first hour of the film.

I know you didn't mean "laughing through the entire movie" literally. Wouldn't laugh at a man being torn to shreds by dogs. But I found the comedy very compartmentalized -- the hood scene, Samuel L when he met Django outside the house, the dinner scene, Django blowing away the head lady of candieland, etc. But only about 20 minutes in the entire movie could have really been considered funny.

Wouldn't laugh at a man being torn to shreds by dogs.

That isn't funny? I usually laugh at stuff like that. Like when the guy gets his eye pecked out by a crow in the Passion.

WTF kinda weird ass comment was that?

Movie was solid. Hood scene and some of Sam Jackson's lines cracked me up (pan-ass). Trying to figure out where it ranked against other QT movies. Pulp Fiction is the best. I liked Django better than the rest I think (yes, including Reservoir Dogs).

That was a pretty funny read.

On the geekier side of things, anyone else notice how tarintino used James remar as two different characters? He did the same thing in kill bill, I love little shit like that.

It's been a while since I've seen them, and my mind is drawing a blank... but who was the reoccurring actor in Kill Bill?

Michael Parks played the small town sheriff in both movies and also the Older spanish mentor of Bill in Vol. 2.  I fucking love his accent in that scene, so badass.

He also reprised the same sheriff role (with the same two sons) in Tarantino and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" movies, fun fact.

i saw les mis tonight, and as we pulled into a very packed parking lot, i hoped for a moment that it would be sold out so that i could just see this again. 

Michael Parks played the small town sheriff in both movies and also the Older spanish mentor of Bill in Vol. 2.  I fucking love his accent in that scene, so badass.

He also reprised the same sheriff role (with the same two sons) in Tarantino and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" movies, fun fact.

that accent is killerrrrrrr. love the hispanic music selections there too.

This was probably one of the better films I saw in 2012.  Definitely in my top 5.  QT's cameo was rather pointless though but perhaps that was the point? :o

I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of what Spike Lee and Tavis Smiley had to say about the film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_unchained#Controversy

Fairly certain Jaime Foxx would disagree...