What do you guys get signed at concerts?

So I'm going to see Underoath next month on their farewell tour, and since you know they're not going be together after that I was wondering what something cool to get signed would be? I was thinking of getting them to sign the cover of the 2nd press (don't have a 1st) of They're Only Chasing Safety since that's my favorite album. But I've got a couple of other things (shirts, jackets, etc.) and just wanted some thoughts about it. What have you got signed by bands that you really like?

You may catch some flak from folks for getting stuff signed, but they can go butt a stump...

I would say get the record signed since clothing can get washed/lost/destroyed/stolen/etc.

Depends on the venue. I brought my Ataris LP sleeves to a show where I knew that there was re-entry and got them signed before the show started. For Underoath I'd guess it's a bigger venue, so you could try putting them in like a plastic bag and coat checking it. I sometimes will get LP jackets signed if they sell them at a show, or screen printed posters or something like that. I'm also that dude who collects setlists, so if I can get them signed, that works too.

The show is in Atlanta at the Masquerade. I saw that the show is in the heaven section which holds ~1100. I don't think I would take the actual record in since I'd be afraid that it would get broken, but I think I'm willing to take the chance of taking the jacket in, since I know I can still listen to it without the jacket

If you're going to bring a jacket, someone in another thread posted that they bring it in a record mailer or something. Keep it safe, crowds will destroy stuff. Also, if it is a venue where you know the band goes out a certain door afterward, you can just run to your car and grab it and then go there and wait. That's how I got my Thrice stuff signed.

If you're going to bring a jacket, someone in another thread posted that they bring it in a record mailer or something. Keep it safe, crowds will destroy stuff. Also, if it is a venue where you know the band goes out a certain door afterward, you can just run to your car and grab it and then go there and wait. That's how I got my Thrice stuff signed.

I would've never thought of taking it in an LP mailer. Thanks for the idea!

Buy something at the show and have them sign it?

I usually like to get sweaty at shows so bringing anything from home would get destroyed. Or I plan on going to a bar after a show and don't want to carry anything with me all night. The memory of the show should be enough, not sure how the band signing something can make a show more special.

The show is in Atlanta at the Masquerade. I saw that the show is in the heaven section which holds ~1100. I don't think I would take the actual record in since I'd be afraid that it would get broken, but I think I'm willing to take the chance of taking the jacket in, since I know I can still listen to it without the jacket

There are plenty of places you could hide the jacket at the masquerade and if you ask nicely the guys working the door will let you go out to the car to get it and come back in.

This is a strange question. Get whatever you want signed. If it means something to you and would mean more to you with the bands signatures on it then who are we to tell you no? 

I feel like the only reason you'd ask for opinions is if you were going to try and sell whatever you get signed.

Who cares if the dude wants to get something signed by his favorite band?!?!

No need to come up in here and get all holier-than-thou with shit like "I'm XX years old, I don't get anything signed".

If getting a record or poster signed by your favorite band makes you happy and content, so be it. Go for it.

The memory of the show should be enough, not sure how the band signing something can make a show more special.

It's not that it would make the concert more special. It's just that I've enjoyed their music for a good while now, so even though some of you may not think it's a big deal to get something signed, I just think it's neat that the band is signing something they created, and now I can keep that for forever. 

So I guess it's something to remember the show better by?

Who cares if the dude wants to get something signed by his favorite band?!?!

No need to come up in here and get all holier-than-thou with shit like "I'm XX years old, I don't get anything signed".

If getting a record or poster signed by your favorite band makes you happy and content, so be it. Go for it.

Sure if you want to get something signed, do it. But if you're going to start a 'What should I get signed' thread, expect responses from people who think an autograph is stupid.

I'm going to start 'What shirt should I wear' threads.