The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest crazybeats

Good old Mondo Records, if ever I needed an example for my thread. I just had to visit the site and surprise surprise, does  bear shit in the woods? Yes it does? Does mondo have some numbered varients? You betcha!

And my goodness! So much is sold out! Maybe they're waiting on more stock coming in.....oh that's right. Silly me! I forgot. They only press a small amount and most of them end up on Discogs and Ebay. There was me thinking it was like a proper record label but no it's all about money. We only so much in this colour and a little in this colour and this one is numbered so quick quick quick! Get your orders in! Pfft. Puppets.

Guest crazybeats

It's just sheer luck that this thread was bumped to the main page. I couldn't have picked a better example of a money hungry label full of nothing but numbered varients, enough to keep the same customers coming back for more and more and $25 here and $30 and next month we got another $30 record for you oh but hurry hurry hurry! You wouldn't wanna miss out on the first colour would you!

Guest crazybeats

There you go. Let me guess it's in the low 000's because they know it will sell out easily and then once the demand on Ebay and Discogs settles down they can repress the exact same thing in a different colour and sell more of them! And I guarantee you everyone, including you that bought the first one will buy it again....and again.........and again. You can't help yourselves.

It's just sheer luck that this thread was bumped to the main page. I couldn't have picked a better example of a money hungry label full of nothing but numbered varients, enough to keep the same customers coming back for more and more and $25 here and $30 and next month we got another $30 record for you oh but hurry hurry hurry! You wouldn't wanna miss out on the first colour would you!

Where's shitty Rambo to point out which VC member's troll handle this is?