The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Most of the black copies don't go for much anyway I doubt there will be a second hand for this sucker given the run, even the orange will probably be fairly cheap in a couple months. 

If it's limited they will. Look at Death Waltz's "The Fog" release. The black was limited to 200 and went for more compared to the less limited (but way cooler looking IMO) haze and splatter versions. It's all about the rarity.

I was thinking the same, if the orange was just given to those who ordered on Halloween or even the first group of people who ordered or something.

I'll mention this here. If you get black and want the orange, or just want the orange anyway, I'll sell mine at cost. Since I got the splatter coming from Andrew I don't NEED 2 copies.

I dont know why but it took 4 days to upload the mondo video, probably because its 48 minutes long. Here is the panel they did for the 35 Years of Terror event.

Lots of nuggets in that video.  It appears the /1000 splatter was originally intended for Black Friday RSD.  

I'm curious to see if the Jurassic Park OST (possibly the soundtrack that he never imagined they could get?) will be put out by X-Mas.  He said it takes about 2-3 months to press them and rumors of this first leaked during SDCC, so they hopefully have had enough time to get it ready by then.

Just got my variant copy in the mail. Mr. Lucas, you are a pimp of the highest order for helping us dorks out with this. I hope Santa brings you everything you want for Christmas this year. And you're right -- the splatter looks AMAZING in person, especially when you hold it up to the light.

Pictures don't do it justice. It looks too dark in pictures but in person it's a cool bright transparent orange.

Maybe the black just got completely scratched and the orange splatter is the only variant.

Mondo posted photos of the black "variant" so Im sure it exists.

Very well could be that retail gets the black color, though it confuses me why they would market it as "orange randomly inserted" variant in the first place.

There's only 2 possible scenarios here. Either...

1) The first xxxx OSTs shipped to customers were all given orange copies, or

2) Black is the rare variant here

3) Black is delayed?

4) Boxes are marked incorrectly?

I saw my local store had Mondo's Halloween when I went yesterday after work.  I ordered 2 copies and 2 slipmats from Mondo, and I was a little impatient so I bought one copy from the store, and opened it in front of the clerk, and it was ORANGE!  The clerk then bought a copy and opened his and it was ORANGE as well.  What I think is happening is that the Black copies are delayed (like the new Jesu LP) and so they just started shipping the Orange so that people wouldn't get pissed like the Ghibli fiasco.  Either that or the boxes are mismarked.  Non-believers can see my Orange on instagram, user vinylmatters

3) Black is delayed?

4) Boxes are marked incorrectly?

I saw my local store had Mondo's Halloween when I went yesterday after work.  I ordered 2 copies and 2 slipmats from Mondo, and I was a little impatient so I bought one copy from the store, and opened it in front of the clerk, and it was ORANGE!  The clerk then bought a copy and opened his and it was ORANGE as well.  What I think is happening is that the Black copies are delayed (like the new Jesu LP) and so they just started shipping the Orange so that people wouldn't get pissed like the Ghibli fiasco.  Either that or the boxes are mismarked.  Non-believers can see my Orange on instagram, user vinylmatters

Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow locally and take a chance, I'll let you guys know what color it is

Just saw someone on Instagram mention they got black. First mention I've heard of anyone getting it.

No picture of the disc but the username is "rocktoberblood"

Huh, at this point should we seriously start considering that they've pulled a fast one on everyone and that their black vinyl is their most limited variant then?  Damn, all of a sudden black vinyl looks sexy as hell!