The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

The general trend of the thread seems to say that the Mondo releases are more for collectors and not sound quality. Or is this more talking about the Paranorman release? I haven't ventured far into the Mondo world and Coraline was my first purchase.

Not true at all.  Some of their releases sound pretty darn good.  Thought the Halloween was really well done.  Mondo aren't magicians though so when they release LPs that are picture discs or GID, they're gonna sound like shit, just like every other picture disc or GID record ever made by anyone else.  It's science, breh.

I'm guessing one will be for a not-yet-announced event? Usually one cover variant is event and the other is random insert retail.

Bingo

tumblr_mywuvgHCsF1qblr1ho2_500.gif

lolacaust

Paranorman definitely doesn't sound amazing. It's the best GID vinyl I own soundwise though. I'll probably try and get the normal variant but I've grown too attached to the GID variant to get rid of it.

Do you have the Poltergeist RSD, Shelbs? I thought that sounded pretty good for a GID. The worst I have is One Way Static's The Hills Have Eyes. Ironically, it's the best looking.

Do you have the Poltergeist RSD, Shelbs? I thought that sounded pretty good for a GID. The worst I have is One Way Static's The Hills Have Eyes. Ironically, it's the best looking.

Nope I never got that one.

The black copy I have is probably top 3 sound quality in my collection though.

How does two covers work? Are two sold separately, randomly, and are colored records usually with one of them or randomly distributed?

So, speculation then. Why is it being presented as fact?

So you guys are telling me that the Coraline will sound sub-par as well?

Holy smokes. The reading comprehension levels around here have just fallen through the floor of late. I'm gonna blame this on The Twitter.

I'm so glad I ordered coraline!!! Thanks to this thread, otherwise I would have missed out !! Also, I had no clue paranorman was 3 different glow in the dark colors! I totally lucked out and got one on Monday. I got the standard green. It looks amazing! And I can't wait until I get coraline! I shall keep this thread on watch!

People are probably hoping the seller has these in hand (or maybe they messaged him before buying), which would mean it's the RSD version.

People are probably hoping the seller has these in hand (or maybe they messaged him before buying), which would mean it's the RSD version.

I messaged him, they arent glow in the dark. Just regular random inserted variant. People are paying $75 for what they could get on Mondo for $30. Suckers.

What are they making?  Maybe $10 a piece off these morons?  Probably just keeps on putting new orders in on Mondo's website everytime he sells 2 of them.  Dude needs to stop being such a poor.

Yeah, even if flipping records like this was considered okay, the profit margins must be very slim and not worth the effort to do it.

Guest deleted

What are they making? Maybe $10 a piece off these morons? Probably just keeps on putting new orders in on Mondo's website everytime he sells 2 of them. Dude needs to stop being such a poor.

I'd say that this diatribe is worse than his actions.