The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Let talk about that print on backlit polyester film. If only it was practical, I might get a lighted poster frame for that.

New blog entry about the posters says: "NOTE: Poster film appears opaque white against a white background. Backlighting is not required for display."

...is it wrong that I'm now less interested?

New blog entry about the posters says: "NOTE: Poster film appears opaque white against a white background. Backlighting is not required for display."

...is it wrong that I'm now less interested?

Considering that I work with film, I'm sure the novelty would wear off not being able to see your image with light. Probably would just end up going back in the tube if that was the base.

Also I'm sure this will be the inevitable cover of Mondo's reissue of Alien. 

Perhaps, but wasn't Tyler Stout's poster supposed to be the original artwork for the OST?

yi9zawkk8zts4xpd2quf.png

I heard the only reason that this poster was made was because they couldn't get the rights to the OST but the artwork has already been done and they didn't want to waste Stout's work.

Am I the only person who thinks the whole Alien Day thing is really stupid? Hooray for movie-studio-dictated-holidays!

I agree but I don't mind. The thing that does bother me though is that most of it is super uninspired. A $225 variant should have different artwork & not just liquid records IMO. The prints are pretty much all boring & do nothing different other than the Shaw one. The Eng Alien print is ultra boring & seems like it would look like a blurry version of his Aliens print when viewed at a distance. 

At least the Prometheus record hasn't been released before. I unfortunately did not like that movie at all & found it to be a massive boner killer.

Of course I looked on ebay already just to see. No vinyl up but someone has the Jay Shaw listed at $300 already http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alien-print-by-Jay-Shaw-numbered-mondo-/291747987788?hash=item43ed89014c:g:sm4AAOSwU0RXHkx3

I'm gonna try but there's no way I'm getting one. Don't laugh but my mom's retired so I recruited her to try & score one too. I have no shame!

Of course I looked on ebay already just to see. No vinyl up but someone has the Jay Shaw listed at $300 already http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alien-print-by-Jay-Shaw-numbered-mondo-/291747987788?hash=item43ed89014c:g:sm4AAOSwU0RXHkx3

I'm gonna try but there's no way I'm getting one. Don't laugh but my mom's retired so I recruited her to try & score one too. I have no shame!

Do what you gotta do man! No judgement from me!

But what would someone actually pay for the first sold vinyl idk that's a tough one...there's some crazies out there but I'd say $300 is probably close and that's alot.

It looks like a Friday the 13th liquid-filled went for $750 earlier this year. That had a higher pressing amount, lower retail price point, and is a smaller film property. My guess is it'll be super tough to find one of these below $400.

Never bought anything from them, I'm gonna try for both but we'll see I suppose. I normally have pretty good luck. 

Yeah Bottleneck should be a little easier today since its at the same time as Mondo....but the print they are selling tomorrow will be MUCH harder.  

Best of luck.

I have one record in my sites and have to put blinders on to avoid the prints!