Angels & Airwaves Stomping The Phantom Break Pedal 2xLP $66.99

Seriously stop bitching about the price. They're not selling just a record for $60. Let's say the record at retail would be $20, an AVA t-shirt is $20 and then you're paying $20 to have "gold" access to the fan club for 3 months plus shipping. If you think of it that way it's not such a ridiculous price. They want to make this exclusive to their big fans, and while I'm not sure I personally will be buying into this one, I'm sure a ton of people will...

if you wanna bitch about prices go over to the third man records thread and check out the prices for when they had their "sale" hahaha

Seriously stop bitching about the price. They're not selling just a record for $60. Let's say the record at retail would be $20, an AVA t-shirt is $20 and then you're paying $20 to have "gold" access to the fan club for 3 months plus shipping. If you think of it that way it's not such a ridiculous price. They want to make this exclusive to their big fans, and while I'm not sure I personally will be buying into this one, I'm sure a ton of people will...

if you wanna bitch about prices go over to the third man records thread and check out the prices for when they had their "sale" hahaha

comparing TMR and AVA.......boooooo.

comparing TMR and AVA.......boooooo.

Say what you want about AVA, but every one knows if this was a TMR release a double LP colored record would go for at least $40 just for the record. I'm just speaking from personal experience with the Rolling Record Store and the Sale from last month, so correct me if I'm wrong.

For someone who's bought this, what does "gold" access get you on Modlife? I'm picturing logging on and looking at a few extra pictures of Tom playing with his chorus pedal and maybe like a desktop background or some stupid shit like mountains and purple clouds overlooking three setting moons with a spaceship just off in the distance. Am I far off?

It was decent years ago. Tom and David would do random live cam chats and they'd play rough demos and stuff. It's more of a ghost town, nowadays.

Got it. See, for me, even if the guys in the band were chatting every single day it wouldn't really be worth it haha... I don't really have the desire to talk with people in bands I like. I would enjoy demos, though.

Say what you want about AVA, but every one knows if this was a TMR release a double LP colored record would go for at least $40 just for the record. I'm just speaking from personal experience with the Rolling Record Store and the Sale from last month, so correct me if I'm wrong.

not hating on AVA or Tom. But TMR's fee gets you WAY More from a better and more respected artist. and to compare the two is just...

Ludacris.jpg

im just saying personally, id rather shell out money to jack white than to tom delong. 

I wasn't really comparing the prices or fees of the fan club membership just simply for the records that both artists are selling...

Personally I'd rather give Tom Delonge my money than Jack White and to state the obvious that's why music/art is such a great thing and really just a matter of personal opinion and taste!