Django Unchained Limited Vinyl

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the consensus on the blood splatter ones?  They are or are not limited editions? And if so, how many are they limited to?

And the HT.com version is the blood splatter one, right?

I fuckin' hate this question! In every second thread, at least every 10th question is: "How many are they limited to?"

They are limited! Maybe to 500, maybe to 1000, maybe to 10.000 ... but THEY ARE limited!

The point is: Do you like it! Than buy it! Don't like it ... don't buy it!!!

There are 40 copies for sale on ebay at least 18 of them blood splatter. So I think it's safe to say there are plenty of them. It's also safe to say lots of them sold to flippers. Boycott now and pick them up cheap in 2 months when nobody gives a shit anymore.

anyone paying a penny over the $39.99 MSRP is stupid, my local record store sold out on the 2 that came out in release week then got another 5 of these "limited" blood splattered vinyl

I fuckin' hate this question! In every second thread, at least every 10th question is: "How many are they limited to?"

They are limited! Maybe to 500, maybe to 1000, maybe to 10.000 ... but THEY ARE limited!

Relax dude.  If you don't like the question, don't answer.  Also, you misspelled 'then.'

Thanks to the other members who responded politely. 

Relax dude.  If you don't like the question, don't answer.  Also, you misspelled 'then.'

Thanks to the other members who responded politely. 

exactly!  limited to 500 makes a big difference compared to limited to 10.000... so the POINT, is how hard is it going to be to come across a supposedly limited release. You could be one of the dupes paying triple digits for a record that is not going to be that hard to come by, just because it's stamped with limited or someone (purposely or mistakenly) listed it as limited to 200 instead of 2000.

damn right I want to know what something is limited to if I want it, especially I will have to pick it up on the secondary market. what better place to ask then, hmm... a collective of vinyl enthusiasts....

... that being said.. Django......

The thing is, if its the music you are going for, then buy the black version. There's no 'need' to go for the 'most limited' version. I also want the blood splatterd vinyl, but not for that pricetag. I'm going to wait ... and if it's cheaper I'll buy it. If not, I'm going to purchase the black one. If you really want to have this particular version, then now is the time to buy.

The misspelling of 'then' could be due to that english is not my first language. I'd really like to see you, writing 2 sentences in german, without a wrong word.

Your English is better than the average American's.

The thing is, if its the music you are going for, then buy the black version. There's no 'need' to go for the 'most limited' version. I also want the blood splatterd vinyl, but not for that pricetag. I'm going to wait ... and if it's cheaper I'll buy it. If not, I'm going to purchase the black one. If you really want to have this particular version, then now is the time to buy.

The misspelling of 'then' could be due to that english is not my first language. I'd really like to see you, writing 2 sentences in german, without a wrong word.

So what is German for "I fuckin' hate this question! In every second thread, at least every 10th question is: "How many are they limited to?""

Rofl...great logic there.  Who cares if you hate the question?  Some people are collectors and want to know.  I love how one person asks a simple question and 10 people jump on them when it could have been answered in one reply.

I ended up pulling the trigger at $40 from my local record shop. I agree that it's a tad over priced but I really like the soundtrack plus the blood spatter is cool. 

Well, $40 would be fine with me...but I'd have to pay the $48 (or something) plus another ~$25 for shipping to Germany...just too much for this soundtrack...

Well, $40 would be fine with me...but I'd have to pay the $48 (or something) plus another ~$25 for shipping to Germany...just too much for this soundtrack...

Oh yeah, I could see that being a problem. I live in the US and I often pass on great finds on Discogs because of shipping costs to get it over to me.

My local store does internet sales. I'd be glad to ask them if they ship to Germany and if it's any better than $25 if you like.

I'm not even upset that I pre-ordered this thinking it would be a cool limited collector's item and it "sold out" only to come back and be available pretty much everywhere. What I am upset about is the fact that I basically paid $10 more than most other people by pre-ordering it directly from the original online retailer. I know it's just $10, but that shit is really annoying. Especially when the $40 others are paying for it now is already a ridiculous price. The fact that I paid $50 for it makes me feel pretty stupid. Maybe I am stupid. Oh well.

I'm not even upset that I pre-ordered this thinking it would be a cool limited collector's item and it "sold out" only to come back and be available pretty much everywhere. What I am upset about is the fact that I basically paid $10 more than most other people by pre-ordering it directly from the original online retailer. I know it's just $10, but that shit is really annoying. Especially when the $40 others are paying for it now is already a ridiculous price. The fact that I paid $50 for it makes me feel pretty stupid. Maybe I am stupid. Oh well.

I'd be pissed too but you shouldn't feel dumb. Hindsight is 20/20.