Official* 2013 Vinyl Collective Fight Thread

@ Dreamover: hah, I believe everyone accuses you of making a quick buck through variants and bundles? Again, I could be wrong. I think the last time you really hashed it out was in that 3EB thread? I've purchased a release or two from you before, so there's no animosity on my end, particularly.

Okay, I guess I don't really need to defend myself then, but I will say ETR really fits both of those categories. ETR is no stranger to bundles. The last record I did was all random colors and the one before that I did I kickstarter that had some bundles, but that was it. Though, my next release (if all goes according to plan) will have a bundle of 5 variants, but I am merely acting as middle man and distributor. When it's announced, the 5 variants will make complete sense.

Though in hindsight, I suppose both parties could technically be guilty of the same crimes, depending on who you ask.

mmm.... basically every indie label release has had variants, and only one of my releases have been profitable (and not very much so). i do it for fun, and i would hardly call any of my releases "safe". i don't think i advertised my last release much here at all.

dreamover pressed the weak's end, and therefor can do no wrong in my eyes.

So true.  If I haven't purchased multiple Dreamover releases in the past, I know this is the one I was most excited about, and bought without hesitation.  Very quality release all around.  I've heard ETR's product is also of respectable quality, too, but I'm struggling to recall anything I've purchased from his label.

@ Dreamover: yeah, I'm not pointing fingers or trying to give you flack.  I just wanted to mention that there definitely is and has been a rivalry between you two, seeing as we're in the VC Fight Thread.  When I link of labels clashing heads, you and ETR are the first two that come to mind.

t

@ Dreamover: yeah, I'm not pointing fingers or trying to give you flack.  I just wanted to mention that there definitely is and has been a rivalry between you two, seeing as we're in the VC Fight Thread.  When I link of labels clashing heads, you and ETR are the first two that come to mind.

Well, I have no problem calling ross out on his bullshit. but GOD i hope people don't lump me in a category with people like him. I've tried to make sure I don't act like that.

Okay, I guess I don't really need to defend myself then, but I will say ETR really fits both of those categories. ETR is no stranger to bundles. The last record I did was all random colors and the one before that I did I kickstarter that had some bundles, but that was it. Though, my next release (if all goes according to plan) will have a bundle of 5 variants, but I am merely acting as middle man and distributor. When it's announced, the 5 variants will make complete sense.

If I guess correctly on the first try what this record is, can I have it for free?

Cus I'm 90% sure I know what it is.

While we are getting our bitching out, no one really cares if you make a post that has a common denominator of 100 or 1000 or 10,000 (eventually this will be common). This will be my 3,011 post, which gives me the same number of posts as Rafael Palmero had hits. Should I make a thread commemorating?

Another one that is getting a little old is taking a thread, switching a letter, and thinking it is clever. Example:

Guys, I'm back

Guys, I'm black

Guys, I'm brak