MANTI TE'O GOT CATFISHED

Him being catfished would mean that he was the victim in this. HOWEVER, he and his parents were in on the hoax. 

"Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto" : BULLSHIT.

""They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there." : BULLSHIT

"Te'o and Kekua become a couple. They talk on the phone nightly" : BULLSHIT

"Kekua is released from the hospital; Manti's father, Brian, congratulates her "via telephone" : BULLSHIT

...this guy will make millions soon...

Ray Lewis murdered someone and made millions. Lance Armstrong lied about doping and made millions. So I'm pretty sure despite this Manti will be ok financially as long he performs on the field.

Everything aside he got tricked but felt he can boost himself with this story. People have done worse.

Te'o Statement:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. "To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. "It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. "I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. "In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. "Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

this was an interesting read. now i'm gonna watch more episodes of Catfish.

ps. i wish they would do follow up episodes. how do these people cope with the emotional devastation of finding out someone they loved and trusted was completely fictitious?  i'd probably crawl in a hole and not bother with people at all for the next year.

boston sports radio tore this shit up. i was driving home, and decided to joyride and just listen, because the jokes coming out of it were amazing.

one scenario brought up was that whoever is behind this whole thing was just a con-artist, and that they thought they could benefit out of going after someone high-profile; that they were using the leukemia and car accident as a way of getting money from him for hospital bills.

whatever the truth turns out to be- and i really hope we get it at some point, this is a bizzarre effing story. 

I enjoy that Catfish show, I feel bad for some of the people that have to pretend to be someone else because they aren't comfortable in their own skin.  The one episode I literally cried when the guy talks about killing himself.  You'll see what I'm talking about at about 35 minutes into this episode..

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:videolist:mtv.com:1697913/cp~instance%3Dfullepisode%26autoPlay%3Dfalse%26id%3D1697913%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com%3A1697913