The Postal Service - Give Up (3xLP reissue)

Yeah, I have every album on my iPod but I get bored. Any songs in particular that you think I might like enough to wanna change my opinion?

some of my favorites are Why You'd Want to Live Here, Company Calls, Blacking Out the Friction, We Looked Like Giants. we may have way differing tastes though because Death Cab is pretty much my favorite band haha

some of my favorites are Why You'd Want to Live Here, Company Calls, Blacking Out the Friction, We Looked Like Giants. we may have way differing tastes though because Death Cab is pretty much my favorite band haha

We looked like giants is a killer track, one of my favs also, but i could see how some people might get bored with or not like the outro so much.

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight, Evan and Chan, Transatlanticism (the song), the Sound of Settling.

those are the only Ben Gibbard songs that i like.  To his credit tho those are 4 great songs.  His voice and lyrics don't really appeal to me much. 

I still think this is a great looking repress though. 

or you could get the 2xlp for 12 dollars and not have to worry about listening to that awful new track.

Could have. Actually ordered it from amazon yesterday but canceled it. There are other remixes and stuff that im curious to hear. Hopefully this pressing is also an upgrade sound wise. Ill take my chances that it is

or you could get the 2xlp for 12 dollars and not have to worry about listening to that awful new track.

I already have the 2xlp, which I guess I should have said figured into my decision. I just figure that this will probably be around for a while, not so much in "Loser" form, but I have a thousand red, white, and clear LPs already. Nothing really exciting to get me to cough up another 44.

after reading this thread AND their website I am confused. so if i were to pre-order today, would I get the loser edition? are they basing the pressing #'s on pre-orders?

Ya know sub pop is pretty good about letting people know when they're out of loser editions, they'll usually put a strike through all the loser edition info once they're gone. I'm sure if you order today you will probabaly get one

I already have the 2xlp, which I guess I should have said figured into my decision. I just figure that this will probably be around for a while, not so much in "Loser" form, but I have a thousand red, white, and clear LPs already. Nothing really exciting to get me to cough up another 44.

Yeah, had I already owned a copy or couldnt cancel my amazon order, i wouldnt have gotten this re-issue.

What sets the Loser Edition from the Regular Press? Just the colored vinyl? If that's the case, I'll just stick around for standard black.

Basically, though the standard black edition will likely be the same retail price, just gotta pay tax at your local record store instead of shipping.

My roommate really wants the Loser Edition. We're trying to decide between ordering from Sub Pop or Cinderblock (link she sent me was from the Postal Service website). Any thoughts on where I should order from to ensure I get the Loser Edition? Any help would be really appreciated.

My roommate really wants the Loser Edition. We're trying to decide between ordering from Sub Pop or Cinderblock (link she sent me was from the Postal Service website). Any thoughts on where I should order from to ensure I get the Loser Edition? Any help would be really appreciated.

It looks like you have a chance to get the loser edition no matter where you order from as long as you do it asap

I'd go with subpop to save you a few bucks on shipping (select UPS)

Just got my Postal Service LP from Amazon. Comes with:

-Bonus 12" with all B-Sides and remixes from their singles (1 of the 2 LPs)

-16 Page Booklet

-2 sided poster of EP art

After getting all this I don't really see a reason to own the new 3xLP edition coming out.

yup, i have no clue why people are spending 40+ dollars for a couple extra tracks when most people already have the above mentioned or can purchase the above mentioned for a quarter of the price. its nuts