The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Just finished Hush! I really enjoyed it. Refreshing take on the whole "home invasion" thing.

But am I the only one who thought that

the killer was some guy hired by either the main girls friend or ex-boyfriend? It seemed those two storylines seemed to be pointless. I thought the friend might have hired him to "give her an experience" to help her with her book. As for why the ex might have hired him, I'm not sure. We don't know exactly what happened between them.

That's just my thought though. I still loved it for what it was!

WHY DID THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT HER EX WHEN HE WAS LITERALLY NOT EVEN IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT. I DON'T GET IT.

My thoughts exactly. Sooo weird.

Just finished watching Hush. My thought on this:

A kind of false lead. The movie wanted you to think he was gonna show up or something.

When she had the vision of her being beaten to death with the rock I got excited and theought the movie was going to take an interesting turn. Was bummed it was a fake out

Not bad. Not great. Solid two stars.

Finally had a day off so I went and saw Green Room and I absolutely fucking loved it. Jeremy Saulnier killed it yet again.

If you are a fan of the style of his other films (Blue Ruin, Murder Party), do not miss your chance to catch this (especially in theaters)!

Finally had a day off so I went and saw Green Room and I absolutely fucking loved it. Jeremy Saulnier killed it yet again.

If you are a fan of the style of his other films (Blue Ruin, Murder Party), do not miss your chance to catch this (especially in theaters)!

I've really been wanting to see this. Glad to hear it's as good as it looked!

Just saw Crimson Peak. Really liked it. My god the set was incredible. The set was really the star of the film which was very cool.

Agreed, I watched it on Sunday and felt the same. I thought the movie itself was a little boring and predictable, I also did not like the CGI ghosts. I didn't go in expecting a horror film, but I don't think it worked as a gothic romance either.

Got a screener pass to see Green Room last week for free! I was siked! I thought Blue Ruin was pretty much an A+ and thought Green Room was even better!

Over the weekend a cool theater in Boston had a midnight screening of The Final Girls followed by a skype call Q+A with the Director. That was really cool to get to see that in a theater and chat with the director afterwords.

Recently checked out "A Christmas Tale." It's a Spanish Christmas horror movie made by Paco Plaza (Rec + Rec 2). Pretty solid.

I loved the Den and The Witch. Wasn't into Last Shift that much. Been meaning to check out Hush but my wireless router has been broken all week so watching netflix is a pain. Waiting on the new one to arrive so I can watch netflix on the TV again.

Agreed, I watched it on Sunday and felt the same. I thought the movie itself was a little boring and predictable, I also did not like the CGI ghosts. I didn't go in expecting a horror film, but I don't think it worked as a gothic romance either.

The predictability was definitely the film's greatest flaw. I spent more time paying attention to the set than anything else in the movie. Which only got better after watching the special features. Haha

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I'm really excited to see this.  Comes out on DVD the 17th!

I think that's on either Amazon Prime or Netflix right now. It could also be available as a VOD rental, but I know I've seen it on one of the digital services I use. If its prime or Netflix I'll watch it tonight.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I think that's on either Amazon Prime or Netflix right now. It could also be available as a VOD rental, but I know I've seen it on one of the digital services I use. If its prime or Netflix I'll watch it tonight.

That'd be awesome if it's on Netflix.  I plan I buying it anyways, can't wait.

Watched Hush and The Invitation this weekend. I thought Hush was boring and predictable. Got excited with the brick scene, but that's about it. After You're Next I have little tolerance for dumb protagonists in home invasion movies. The Invitation was great at setting up the tension and dread, and a few good red herrings. Well directed and acted, and fun ending. Makes me watch to check out Oculus.

2 hours ago, stranaspank said:

Watched Hush and The Invitation this weekend. I thought Hush was boring and predictable. Got excited with the brick scene, but that's about it. After You're Next I have little tolerance for dumb protagonists in home invasion movies. The Invitation was great at setting up the tension and dread, and a few good red herrings. Well directed and acted, and fun ending. Makes me watch to check out Oculus.

Oculus was written/directed by the guy who did Hush and Hush was 10x better. I completely agree though, the brick scene made me think it was gonna go in an interesting direction but it stayed mediocre

On 5/8/2016 at 0:48 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Just watched this with my wife, definitely one of the better horror movies I've seen in a really long time!

http://imdb.com/title/tt4935334/

IMO this is what VHS Viral should have been. I really liked Southbound. I hope they abandoned the VHS series and continue making good anthologies like this, rather than struggle trying to keep them all found footage and have another shit show like VHS Viral. 

On 5/8/2016 at 0:49 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

More suspense than true horror but everyone go see Green Room.

Green room was fucking awesome. I was hoping it would be as good as Blue Ruin and I think it was even better!

5 hours ago, kylet said:

IMO this is what VHS Viral should have been. I really liked Southbound. I hope they abandoned the VHS series and continue making good anthologies like this, rather than struggle trying to keep them all found footage and have another shit show like VHS Viral. 

I believe V/H/S: Viral was supposed to be the last one of those, so we don't have to worry about that.  I still can't get over how disappointed I was with that one...

37 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I believe V/H/S: Viral was supposed to be the last one of those, so we don't have to worry about that.  I still can't get over how disappointed I was with that one...

Yeah seriously. Coming out so strong with 1 and 2, Viral was the such a let down. Have you seen Southbound yet? I'm pretty sure it's some of the same producers/writers as parts of the VHS series. It's not as good as VHS 1 + 2 but it's definitely worth watching, and way better than Viral. 

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread