Official The Simpsons: Tapped Out Thread

i have played this game for just under a year and think ive hit the fun wall.   I used to check in 3-5 times a day.   now i barely want to check 1 time a day.  After whacking day i kinda slowed don but since Halloween i have not wanted to touch it.  A few things which kill me is no character locating.  It has become a job tracking down everyone.  Also they need to make a drag and move option to re decorate.  My town is a mess since right before halloween and i have no motivation to move every object 1 at a time.  And the fact that they are over charging now for premiums.   Glad i have a load of donuts but it still sucks.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are reaching this point. The game just doesn't scale well.

I'm sure they will rework things to make it better. A character locator and also some kind of tool to automatically fix a town (automatically place everything similar to "other Springfield" then let you change it up from there) would be great.

It also doesn't help that I'm still rocking a 3GS. Not as smooth.

Anyone else getting weird one-off quests?  I'm level 37 and am about halfway through the Kirk missions, but occasionally I get random missions to do for other characters.  For example, there was a one task mission to have Marge do the "Walk Maggie" task, and the same for Bart's "Skateboard" task.  It's not hurting anything I suppose, but it's weird.

The game has been out for a year and a half.  It has a bunch of updates to do.   I'm actually surprised they havent done a app store update to prevent all those downloads yet. the goo thing is the updates are pretty fast.  You will love it when you start playing.  

Do we have a list of active players on here?  Maybe it be a good time to start one if not.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY Ea has done a good update.  They added the idle character finder that has been requested for months.  And made this update so you wont need to grind out for the entire time.   Heck i went to all on my friends list and already have the 3rd tier prize.

Heres my name if any of you want to add me.  anti-flag79195   I'll be checking my town numerous times and visiting all friends daily.  also i'm lvl 37 with full krustyland and squidport

user name is brewderinger 

I love the little updates for finding characters and friends

the only thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of returning outfits from last year's update.  I didn't start playing this game till after last Christmas and I was really hoping I'd have another shot at getting the Mr. Plow outfit.  I thought maybe there would be a good chance since this year's Halloween update brought back Marge the Witch and Devil Flanders.

overall it's just a small nit pick - I really like the update!

Updated. Played OK for the day. Now getting some error that there's already a level 4 Springfield on my device and to log off from other device (I don't have another device) and when I click cancel says will create a new Springfield.

Log out of Origin and back in and still giving me that and unable to get into my actual Springfield.

Updated. Played OK for the day. Now getting some error that there's already a level 4 Springfield on my device and to log off from other device (I don't have another device) and when I click cancel says will create a new Springfield.

Log out of Origin and back in and still giving me that and unable to get into my actual Springfield.

Copied this from ea forums... http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9792633.page#30688597

Issue

Device shows lower level Springfield and asks if it is your town

Solution

On the "Is this your town" screen, select "no".

Another screen pops up asking you if you want to start a new game or cancel out. Select "New".

Your original town should load as normal.

Has anyone else not gotten the winter update to take? I downloaded it but everything is still fall-centric. When I try visiting a neighbor who has gotten the update, it tells me they have newer content than me and that I need to update, so I hit the button to update but it just takes me back to my regular Springfield.