PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

As I continue to read this thread (why am I subjecting myself to all of this?!) I was at first shocked that so many people dislike this song so heavily!

Then it hit me:

Almost everyone here is completely obsessed with POP PUNK and only POP PUNK. I am no longer surprised that people aren't 100% jazzed that a band evolved past their benchmark generic pop punk roots.

It's okay to like other genres of music, everyone. It shows that you don't branch out much when you can hear this song and somehow hear "hip hop."

If you don't hear the hip-hopness of the beat then you are fucking deaf. Listening again it reminds me of Lil Wayne's pathetic rap/rock album that he bombed on. The cheesy repetitive guitar riffs, the repetitive vocals, the basic heavy drum beat. It all screams bad hip-hop mixed faintly with some bad rock to me. I love all kinds of music including pop punk. I first got into pop/hip-hop/rap, then pop punk, then alternative, then classic rock and jam bands, then hardcore. So don't go acting like you have everyone on here figured out. Anyway...please, continue to generalize and stereotype the people on these boards.

Lake effect Kid! That's crazy that's the only other "new" song played ... wonder if that's going to be on the album?

Last night's setlist is actually pretty good, coming from someone who only loves the first 2, and thought the rest was ok.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fall-out-boy/2013/subterranean-chicago-il-5bdbdfe4.html

if you didn't like Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes off Folie then I don't know what to say about "the band you had fun with"

To be honest I don't remember that song off Folie or much of it other than the single "I don't care" which was middle of the road to me. I lost interest during infinity..and didn't give Folie a chance at all. So many people are seeing to swear by it that maybe I will. 

Upon a few more listens to the new song...this song is like nothing off their previous work, I dislike it with great dislike-ness.

To be honest I don't remember that song off Folie or much of it other than the single "I don't care" which was middle of the road to me. I lost interest during infinity..and didn't give Folie a chance at all. So many people are seeing to swear by it that maybe I will. 

Upon a few more listens to the new song...this song is like nothing off their previous work, I dislike it with great dislike-ness.

Although Water Buffalos is a pretty good song, it's a huge rip off of Baba O Riley from The Who.

listen to "disloyal," "coffee's for closers" and "the shipped gold standard" and report back.

So they can produce 2,000 jackets but only 300 tattoos?

I think the tattoos thing is intended to be promotional only to get the ball rolling on pre-orders. I would never buy a jacket but knowing some people they will sell out. I was honestly hoping the pre-orders would have a little something special with extra songs or something but at least there is an album coming. I have 1 fall out boy shirt I have never seen online and had to get off ebay but it is one of the coolest looking shirts I own. Wish I knew where it came from.